I would love to see us pull off the upset, but UW is as good as any team we will face this year except possibly Nova. I just don't think we're strong enough to get that upset.

I also do not like the Happ-Luke match up. Happ is a nightmare for most 5s, but I think it will be especially rough for Luke (and Matt). A quick, long, mobile center who is a true shot-blocker (someone like Patton of Creighton) might be able to give Happ a lot of trouble, but that is not Luke. Happ is much too quick for Luke, and he is very aggressive. Given Luke's propensity for fouls, I think he might see a lot of time on the bench, and if he is, Happ cold score 20+ and grab a dozen boards.

I also think we will have trouble defending Hayes. I know Sandy did a nice job a year ago, but that was in large part because Hayes hung around the three-point line most of the game. I don't see that happening. I don't think JJ can stay with Hayes, especially if he plays in the paint.

I know most MU-UW games are pretty close and competitive, but I think UW will win fairly easily, 82-71.