Thread: UWM Athletics Hall of Fame

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UWM Athletics Hall of Fame

I had a discussion Tuesday night after the game at Harry's with a few others about the Hall of Fame and mentioned that Shannon Smith was the last basketball player to be inducted back in 2002. I'm glad that the other sports have gotten the spotlight through their members being elected but you can't go 10+ years without inducting a member (or more) from the sport that is the face of UWM Athletics. As for Shannon, he deserves to be a HOFer but I don't know if he should have gone in that quickly. Larry Reed didn't even get inducted until 2000!

Anyways, who would everyone like to see in the UWM Athletics Hall of Fame from men's basketball? Maybe it is for the best that the biggest names don't go in until they build the new place and actually have a physical Hall of Fame.

Here are some names (most should be obvious suggestions) who I feel are deserving:

Gerald Hardnett
    Glen Allen
    Bob Gottlieb
    Erik Schten
    Andy Ronan
    Joe Schultz
    Von McDade
    Marc Mitchell
    Craig Greene
    Pat McCabe
    Cyrus Caldwell
    Chad Angeli
    Clay Tucker
    Dylan Page
    Ed McCants
    Joah Tucker
    Adrian Tigert
    Boo Davis
    Chris Hill

Eventually, down the line I could see Steve Antrium, Bruce Pearl and recently graduated guys like Ricky Franklin, Anthony Hill, James Eayrs getting in.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
    Last edited by DKelly28; 03-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.