Thread: Jae at the Brooklyn Combine...

Jae at the Brooklyn Combine...

Measured at 6'3" 3/4 without shoes and 242 pounds.

That puts him at about 6'5" with shoes and almost 10 pounds more than his listed weight while at Marquette.

I thought he was trying to get down to about 220.

Height sounds about right. Have stood next to him several times and he's no taller than some nephews who are 6'4" and 6'5".

Jae is too much of a tweener for NBA. I hope he makes it but I think he is more likely to end up somewhere else. However, I think MU is developing a rep in the league of producing guys who can round out the roster and cause no problems. Steve has been that way since he came into the Association. I think Travis was that way too. Now, Lazar and Jimmy fill that role. Our guys have a good rep along those lines. Wesley does not hurt that reputation. I think DJO has a better shot than Jae, especially if he can tighten up his handle. He has the quicks, plays sufficient defense and can score.

Yes, it will be a long shot for Jae. But, he has a great work ehtic, though is it enough to make up for his tweener limitations? Good luck jae.

As much as Lazar's measurements boosted his stock, Jae's may have just torpedoed his. Now, I think Jae looked and played much more like an NBA player, but at 6-5 with shoes and an average wingspan, he is way undersized for the 3 and does not look like a 2. I still would not count him out, and this makes his performance last year that much more amazing, but this is not the measurements I hoped or expected to see.