Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Officiating

Pathetic Officiating

Missed calls, bad calls. 49 total team fouls. They truly affected the game. Players did not know what was and what was not a foul. Seriously, Jim Burr is far superior to tonights crew--not even close. At one point in the game, I wondered if AL McGuire would be tossed before half time if he was coaching. How can the NCAA keep putting such very poor officials on the floor. This relates to both teams though based on disqualifications, it probably affected ASU more than MU.

Players don't know what a foul is? I'm not sure tonight's crew knew either.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not going to blame the officials entirely. They may be calling it how they were instructed to. This was the general theme in the closed scrimmages. They weren't consistent, but I'm sure they are still working to figure out all these changes.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

If they are going to call it that way go to 6 fouls.

It was bad no doubt about it, I also thought they let the coaches chatter too much, was shocked no technicals were called. Don't get me wrong, the coaches had good reason at times, but the refs need to control it.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Agree 100%. Still amazed neither Wojo nor Hurley got T'd up, because both of those guys had many legitimate reasons to go nuclear tonight.

Ah, but on the bright side, at least Santa's lost reindeer (John "Prancer" Cahill) will restore some order as the head of Big East officiating.

I thought the officiating was okay until early in the second half. Then, it became "three blind mice". I actually thought the refs were worse last night.

I will say this, the announcers were worse then the refs. They were not good at informing how many fouls each player had last night or tonight. Jones kept asking the same questions (eg who will replace coach K?) or supplying the same information repeatedly.

Any way, I don't care at this point because as Queen would sing , "We are the Champions"... ahem...of the FanDuel Legends Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    I thought the officiating was okay until early in the second half. Then, it became "three blind mice". I actually thought the refs were worse last night.

I will say this, the announcers were worse then the refs. They were not good at informing how many fouls each player had last night or tonight. Jones kept asking the same questions (eg who will replace coach K?) or supplying the same information repeatedly.

Any way, I don't care at this point because as Queen would sing , "We are the Champions"... ahem...of the FanDuel Legends Classic.
    They were lost without Ben Simmons to talk about.

As for the officials I think the coaches got in their heads a bit too and made it worse.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Mark Jones was off his game. Thought Kara Lawson was fine.

The travel call the refs missed on ASU when called the timeout was mind boggling.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    If they are going to call it that way go to 6 fouls.
    I said the same thing. Nobody wants to watch key players sitting on the bench. At this rate, Luke Fischer will be in foul trouble every single game. ASU's big man, did not even seem to play tonight. I am for more offense and freedom of movement, but tonight seemed over the top with foul calls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast