Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MU ASU Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about then. Go watch an AAU game or high school game to see these guys how quick they can go coast to coast.

here is a video for you of Tyus Edney to show you it's possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKrWAeYGRrg
    No you don't know what you are talking about. You can't call a set play in that situation aside from make sure someone gets a shot off. I bet you a million dollars Carter brought the ball up, saw the situation, and realized he wasn't going to get a better shot (and neither was anyone else via a pass).

ASU lead 63-55 with 7 minutes left and MU held them to 4 points the rest of regulation. I thought Sandy Cohen played excellent defense.
    March Madness starts in November

With that amount of time, you can get maybe one screen for a drive, or pick and pop. Easy to defend. Problem is any screening around the ball draws defenders, and it could all go sideways. That shot was probably the safest option.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It was odd the time he wasted when he got the inbound.
    Yeah, it was. Not sure what he was thinking, or not thinking. So a freshman mistake. Overall, a pretty good line. Hit his free-throws, 4 assists, 1 TO. I will take that from a kid starting his second game.

Asst Coach Stan Johnson must be a happy man tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    Yeah, it was. Not sure what he was thinking, or not thinking. So a freshman mistake. Overall, a pretty good line. Hit his free-throws, 4 assists, 1 TO. I will take that from a kid starting his second game.
    I agree he hesitated which is another issue that affected the play.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I agree he hesitated which is another issue that affected the play.
    Glad to see you finally are coming around and no longer defending the "play".

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Glad to see you finally are coming around and no longer defending the "play".
    Umm the play probably didn't call for a one second pause. But whatever dude.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Umm the play probably didn't call for a one second pause. But whatever dude.
    Correct, which is what I have been saying Naismith. Why would a PG stop, call a play in the backcourt with seven seconds out of timeout and then jack up a 22 footer.

We got lucky and I am sure it is another teaching moment for Wojo and his PG staff.

You have been proven wrong a few times already in this, so you may want to quit digging a deeper hole. You can have the last word however.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456