Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MU ASU Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Stupid, stupid, stupid last play. What the hell is Carter thinking???? Calling a play and pulling up 3 seconds left from 22 feet out? This team drives me nuts.
    He had an open shot and took it stupid is a bit harsh

Gutty gutty win. Duane couldn't hit a shot or a free throw but Traci and Cheatham with really solid efforts.

Played much of the 2nd half with 3 fresh and 2 sophomores on the court.

Wojo pushed the right buttons......they really competed....and I would have said the same even if they had lost tonight in a close game.

Good to see that the effort we saw in the Iowa game is an anomaly. The guys really competed and left everything on the floor the last two nights. Also good to see the team play well and compete like that 2 nights in a row in the event we make the tourney this year. I know it's a pipe dream but if Henry manages to stick around for another year then this team will be incredibly special barring injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Gutty gutty win. Duane couldn't hit a shot or a free throw but Traci and Cheatham with really solid efforts.

Wojo pushed the right buttons......they really competed....and I would have said the same even if they had lost tonight in a close game.
    Even in a loss, you are correct. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    He had an open shot and took it stupid is a bit harsh
    Open look? It was absolutely stupid and your PG is supposed to be the leader on the court making the right decisions. Trying to be a hero. I am telling you even at grade school you don't coach that. We got lucky that didn't cost us the game. These guys can get coast to coast in less then 4 seconds with the ball. Why did he call a play?

Look, I am thrilled we won of course. But this is the 3rd game now where players have either gone rogue or being taught something not right. I don't know what is worse.

This team will never reach it's potential if it continues to make bonehead plays.

Take the title and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post

This will be a really fun team to watch grow up, as there a lot of good pieces in the program and hopefully everyone is now on the same page. What I would give for either Hauser or Rowsey to be eligible this season to help spread the floor, but this looked like a pretty cohesive unit on both ends in Brooklyn.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    So an SEC win and now a PAC 10 win. Big 10 up next!
    Utah and Colorado will say it's the Pac-12 and Walton would say Conference of Champions.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Awilhelmscream View Post
    Good to see that the effort we saw in the Iowa game is an anomaly. The guys really competed and left everything on the floor the last two nights. Also good to see the team play well and compete like that 2 nights in a row in the event we make the tourney this year. I know it's a pipe dream but if Henry manages to stick around for another year then this team will be incredibly special barring injuries.
    Agree. Was worried the Iowa game was who we were. Clearly it is not. Great effort in NYC.

I have to think they were expecting a heavy press at the end of regulation. They may not have talked much about a play where we got it in so easily.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Stupid, stupid, stupid last play. What the hell is Carter thinking???? Calling a play and pulling up 3 seconds left from 22 feet out? This team drives me nuts.
    It was odd the time he wasted when he got the inbound.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast