Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU's Ben Simmons

LSU's Ben Simmons

Simmons has been labeled a #1 NBA pick and has not disappointed as he is averaging 18.7 PPG, 12.7 RPG and 4.7 RPG. Coach Johnny Jones has said Simmons can play any position and his stats seem to show that. Interestingly, though, Simmons has yet to attempt a 3 point shot in 3 games. That's weird.

He is so freakin' good and so polished. I'll be interested in MU's game plan to contain him other than praying.

Not sure who can or will attempt to guard him. Quick and strong.

Well our defense hasn't been able to stop anyone, so I'm not sure how you stop a future #1 draft pick with only a few days to get your act together. Based off comments I'd imagine we see a lot of zone and just hope for poor shooting.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Ben Simmons' final line: 43 points (15-of-20 FG, 13-of-15 FT), 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, 5 steals. #LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Ben Simmons' final line: 43 points (15-of-20 FG, 13-of-15 FT), 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, 5 steals. #LSU
    Huge stat line, and LSU needed all of that to beat North Florida 119-108, after trailing by 8 at the half.

If LSU's coach isn't fired after this year for wasting all that insane talent, then whoever their AD is should be fired as well. It is a travesty that they aren't dominating teams, including us. Luke and Henry couldn't guard Simmons in space, they should have cleared out and let him attack every time. I think it actually happened like 3 times all game.

Quote Originally Posted by TAS35 View Post
    If LSU's coach isn't fired after this year for wasting all that insane talent, then whoever their AD is should be fired as well. It is a travesty that they aren't dominating teams, including us. Luke and Henry couldn't guard Simmons in space, they should have cleared out and let him attack every time. I think it actually happened like 3 times all game.
    Jones is a great recruiter, but he's squandered more talent than that. Johnny O'Bryant, Jarrell Martin, and Jordan Mickey were on the same team that missed the Dance in 2014, all are now playing in the NBA. Now that everyone on the team is his recruit, he has a ton of talent, but no guard play. Simmons is running the point for them. Not the only coach undone by his inability to recruit point guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Jones is a great recruiter, but he's squandered more talent than that. Johnny O'Bryant, Jarrell Martin, and Jordan Mickey were on the same team that missed the Dance in 2014, all are now playing in the NBA. Now that everyone on the team is his recruit, he has a ton of talent, but no guard play. Simmons is running the point for them. Not the only coach undone by his inability to recruit point guards.
    So he's the Perry Clark of this decade?
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by TAS35 View Post
    They won't fire him. They only care about football and trying to run out highly successful coaches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast