Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Marquette vs Iowa game thread

Imagine life without the summer trip

Quote Originally Posted by mcwman View Post
    Imagine life without the summer trip
    Are you saying it can be worse? I really doubt that.

I see no "team" element out there. Both on offense and defense. No talking or communicating. All individual.

Never left a game early. Left at halftime. Absolutely embarrassing. What the hell is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by RJax55 View Post
    Are you saying it can be worse? I really doubt that.

I see no "team" element out there. Both on offense and defense. No talking or communicating. All individual.
    And youth is no excuse, this is on the coaches as much, if not more than the players.
    No discipline, no ball movement, no flow.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Haven't seen any of the game as I was bowling, but just saw the score, and it must be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Haven't seen any of the game as I was bowling, but just saw the score, and it must be ugly.
    The score makes it look closer than it really was... And unfortunately that isn't a joke...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Marquette was completely outplayed in every facet of the game.

Iowa is good, but not that good.

Speed of the game in the first half appeared to be too much for Marquette.

Monday should be interesting. How will the team/coaches respond against LSU? Could be a turning point ... either buck up and get it done or use youth as an excuse for the woes of the team.

It is early in the season. You just got your teeth kicked in. Young players. Young coaches. I don't think this season is about making a tournament. Right now, it is about how does this team respond.

To Wojo's credit he didn't use youth as an excuse in the post game. Iowa looked like a pro team against us......they basically did anything they wanted.

Team lacks leadership and toughness. They have to play inside out as Wojo said after the game...teams are daring them to shoot 3s.

Going to be a long year I'm afraid.

@Matt_Velazquez: "I don't want to talk about being young anymore. I've seen 17-18 year olds play their butts off. Youth has nothing to do w/ tonight." —*Wojo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast