Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IUPUI Game Thread

The inability to execute in a man defense is really concerning. I know last year he didn't have the personnel, but Wojo has his guys, and had a two month head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I did say that. Then I saw this and saw crap defense again and almost finding a way to lose in the last minute again. To IUPIUP. Which is it?

We finished the Belmont game with no shots and 2 turnovers. In regulation today, same thing up by 4.
    Which is it? Maybe it's too early to make blanket statements - good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Cheatham is our best guard and I think he can shoot--but he is more likely to drive than shoot which makes his shooting difficult to evaluate at this point.
    Yes. But he has been a turnstile in man defense. Opposing guards have been blowing by him.

Unfortunately, Henry has defensive problems. Terrible help and weak side defense and he is not so good man to man. He needs get in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Which is it? Maybe it's too early to make blanket statements - good or bad.
    what fun is that?

Arizona State just beat Belmont.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    The inability to execute in a man defense is really concerning. I know last year he didn't have the personnel, but Wojo has his guys, and had a two month head start.
    Agree. My biggest frustration. I accepted it with Belmont as a great system team and well coached and our first game. To see this team tear it up...

My positive thought for the night: 83% free throw shooting won the game for MU.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I don't see the one and done in Henry. Bad turnovers. Can't shoot from outside.
    Two games into the season? Jeez, why not let him get 10 or 15 games under his belt before we draw conclusions.

Sweeping generalizations everywhere, way too early for that. A few thoughts...

• Duane wasn't great, but was still 7/15 for 16 points. Turned it over too much, a few ill-advised shots, but that's a pretty good night for an off night. He was good scoring inside the arc and looks like he just needs to let the game come to him.
    • Henry may not be one-and-done, but I think people are forgetting the NBA drafts on upside, and if you don't see lottery talent there, I'd recommend getting your eyes checked. He has a ridiculous skill level for someone that big. He's not a finished product, but few NBA rookies are. Justise Winslow, Trey Lyles, Noah Vonleh, Alex Len, Nerlens Noel, and Steven Adams were all big man lottery picks the past three years. Henry should out-produce any of them at the college level. It's not the numbers but the upside that gets you drafted, and he has a ton.
    • That said, if Henry did come back, he'd be scary as a sophomore. I can only imagine what he would look like given a year of conditioning and strength training. So good, but so raw and still just that unrefined body.
    • We turned it over 20 times and won the game.
    • We don't yet know what IUPUI will be, but Combs, Osbourne, and O'Leary all looked like pretty decent players. They certainly looked better than their RPI last season. My guess is Indiana State (picked middle of the MVC) would agree.
    • We'll know a lot more about this team in a week. I'd be overjoyed to get to 3-2, but wouldn't be surprised by 1-4 right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast