Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IUPUI Game Thread

Now that the NBA has trying to expand the D-league so that every team has a franchise (and the Bucks look like they will be starting one), it is pretty clear that the NBA will have no incentive to change its current system. It will have a true "minor league" in place where players drafted on potential can be seasoned. The NBA product is pretty good right now anyway. I would argue a lot better than it was 10-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Now that the NBA has trying to expand the D-league so that every team has a franchise (and the Bucks look like they will be starting one), it is pretty clear that the NBA will have no incentive to change its current system. It will have a true "minor league" in place where players drafted on potential can be seasoned. The NBA product is pretty good right now anyway. I would argue a lot better than it was 10-15 years ago.
    Spot on. The NBA product has gotten much better and a true minor league with each NBA team controlling a D-league team will only be a benefit to the league.

On a different note, last night's game was very depressing. Now, I didn't see the Belmont game, but here's what I was hoping for:

*Decent (not even good) man-to-man defense
    *Transition offense
    *Winning 50/50 balls
    *Improvement from the returning players

Other than perhaps Sandy's play, I didn't see any of those four things. Last night look way too much like our games from past two years. And, yes, I know it is very early and the team is very young, but I would have a hard time believing that Wojo was pleased with that effort.

Finally, at least early in non-conference, Wojo should stick to the zone. That's our best chance to beat Iowa on Thursday and do well in NYC.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345