Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buzz, er, Va Tech goes down...

Agreed, they definitely no longer understand their place in the college basketball landscape, which is a couple steps below the Dukes and Kentuckys of the world. Honestly, I think Crean has done a good job there taking them from a complete barren wasteland back to being a competitive Big 10 team. Crean is what he is. A good coach and a decent recruiter, but not the kind of guy that will take a team to the title. Not sure he'll ever find a better situation than he had here, but even if he ends up out at IU, I'm sure he'll land on his feet and ultimately end up sustaining success wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Agreed, they definitely no longer understand their place in the college basketball landscape, which is a couple steps below the Dukes and Kentuckys of the world. Honestly, I think Crean has done a good job there taking them from a complete barren wasteland back to being a competitive Big 10 team. Crean is what he is. A good coach and a decent recruiter, but not the kind of guy that will take a team to the title. Not sure he'll ever find a better situation than he had here, but even if he ends up out at IU, I'm sure he'll land on his feet and ultimately end up sustaining success wherever he goes.
    TC will be fine. Only quibble I would have here is whether he is a good all around coach. I think he was and still is very good at game prep and half-time adjustments. He still has issues making adjustments during game action though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12