Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win or lose

Can't complain. They had some mistakes down the stretch and the veteran team won. Like the potential this year.

Shooting remains an issue.

That's a tough spot to put Carter in, would have preferred Wilson or even Cohen to get the ball there at the end.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Loved seeing the fight and the heart of the team to consistently come back, but just not quite ready to win that type of game. Still feel like this team can win 3 of 4 against Iowa, LSU, Arizona State/NC State, and Bucky, and hopefully pull 2 of the 4 out. As long as we do not totally punt the non-conference schedule, think we will play our way into the tournament during Big East play. A hair surprised that Wally did not play, but totally understand why Heldt did not get in, as it is a very tough ask for a young big to guard against Belmont.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Loved seeing the fight and the heart of the team to consistently come back, but just not quite ready to win that type of game. Still feel like this team can win 3 of 4 against Iowa, LSU, Arizona State/NC State, and Bucky, and hopefully pull 2 of the 4 out. As long as we do not totally punt the non-conference schedule, think we will play our way into the tournament during Big East play. A hair surprised that Wally did not play, but totally understand why Heldt did not get in, as it is a very tough ask for a young big to guard against Belmont.
    part of it is that they just couldn't afford to take Henry off the floor, maybe Heldt could have played spot minutes behind Fisher though.

Youth definitely played a massive part in the last few minutes of this game. People forget that even Duane has only played one year of college Bball... We will be a dramatically improved team come Feb/March
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Much like Buzz did when we were undersized, Belmont was undersized against us and used it to their advantage. I thought Wally could have been a good answer to some of the Belmont "bigs" but that is based on nothing. Maybe he hasn't practiced well. Maybe he was hurt. He would have been better than Luke on defense though defending the pick and roll.

Belmont killed us on the pick and roll. From my seat I couldn't see why but time again they ran it and got layups or open looks out of it.

We shot it badly and missed tons of layups....yet still had a chance.

Turnovers were big down the stretch and esoecially to start the 2nd half.

Was Henry's charge the correct call or did we get hosed?

Fun game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Belmont killed us on the pick and roll. From my seat I couldn't see why but time again they ran it and got layups or open looks out of it.

We shot it badly and missed tons of layups....yet still had a chance.

Turnovers were big down the stretch and esoecially to start the 2nd half.

Was Henry's charge the correct call or did we get hosed?

Fun game to watch.
    Ps I think we found out who the 9th and 10th men are. Matt will play against teams with traditional bigs but there really was nobody for him to guard on that team.

Charge was obviously the right call on replay. Mild flop but ran straight into him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Shooting remains an issue.
    steve Bardo said multiple times he had no idea why we were shooting three's. Two bigs down low and we launch brick after brick. Offense needs to run through HE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast