Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Win or lose

Charge was a good call.

I think Henry panicked a bit on that. Ball was supposed to be inbounded to the PG but he was locked up. Went to Henry with plenty of time left and he put his head down and drove. Might have been the play anyway, but seemed he rushed it a bit.

Two TO's down the stretch, 3 in the beginning of the 2nd half. But only 11 for the game. We will see how quickly Wojo can put this together and help these guys mature. Iowa, LSU, ASU/NCST and Madison all showed us that they can be beat.

I think Henry should have shot the ball from the top of the key. Defense was sagging, and he drove right into them. He can hit that shot.

He is going to be very, very good though.

@franfraschilla: I see Marquette's Henry Ellenson and I see Dirk Nowitzki, circa 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I think Henry should have shot the ball from the top of the key. Defense was sagging, and he drove right into them. He can hit that shot.

He is going to be very, very good though.
    Hard to say. I like the aggressive play, unfortunately he was out of control on the drive.

I overall really liked what I saw. Defending the pick and roll was pathetic. But hopefully they can learn from that now and better communicate. I understand their concern with the way Belmont was shooting 3's that were trying to hedge it out, but the picker was slipping so quick then that our bigs were not recovering and we had no weakside help from the guards. Often there was absolutely no help. But they are freshmen and will learn. And Wojo said after the game this was one of the best three point shooting teams in the country. So for other teams MU will be able to sag more to not leave that middle wide open.

Belmont was running great stuff all game regardless. Backdoor, multiple screens, pick and rolls, etc. It's good for our team to face a well coached and system team like that early on.

Traci Carter should not have had the ball in the end in my opinion. I would have Duane or brought JuJuan in as both can create so well. Drive and dump to HE or Luke.

We missed many FT's, some critical TO's and Belmont hit a few shots at the shot clock buzzer. I loved how we came back though in spurts.

This team will be a blast to watch this year. HE is an incredible rebounder. Strong hands and positioning. Can't teach some of that as he just has a knack for it.

Cheatem reminded me Jalen Rose with the dribble and crossover. Really like his game and think he will finish better as he gets more mature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123