Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Last 8 minutes of 2nd half were really good. Carter, Anim, Cheatham seemed to have settled down by that point. Cheatham with several good drives, Carter with a pretty alley-oop to Anim for dunk. Frosh seemed to have some jitters playing first game at BC, understandable. Luke can play much better, he had some early foul trouble.

BTW, hope we never see another attendance like there was tonight. Chalk it up to it being an exhibition game against an NAIA team on a Monday night.
    The student turnout was pathetic, continuing last year's lack of turnout. Hopefully they show up for Belmont and Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    The student turnout was pathetic, continuing last year's lack of turnout. Hopefully they show up for Belmont and Iowa.
    Exhibition games were always poor turnouts, and coming off of back to back disappointing seasons it's not surprising. If this team comes out and wins some games early everyone will return.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

On the fouls called. I'm fine with the new rules. It's hard to say what crew will call what. I've been to two games in person this year and the Panthers exhibition game had great flow, the players seemed to follow the rules and there was about only 25 fouls called. In the MU game on Monday, the Marquette players got beaten so bad at times in the first half and then reached in with the hands, which made it easy for the refs to call a foul.

The third foul called on Wilson was weird, both arms were up and the VCSU player ran into Wilson. Should have been a play on.
    March Madness starts in November

They will.

I thought initially that MU would sneak past Belmont on Friday, but am wavering after last night. Seems like MU's weaknesses right now play right into the hands of a veteran team. They have to be better guarding without fouling, and on the defensive glass. MU will be able to score enough to hang with teams, but it comes down to defense.

Handfull of students I talked with in the daytime said, they had to study for a test this week and it's just an exhibition game.
    March Madness starts in November

A change that I found cool was they sent the press tables up to an upper section and replaced them with 2 lines of students.

Gives it a little more of a college feel, with the students right on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    They will.

I thought initially that MU would sneak past Belmont on Friday, but am wavering after last night. Seems like MU's weaknesses right now play right into the hands of a veteran team. They have to be better guarding without fouling, and on the defensive glass. MU will be able to score enough to hang with teams, but it comes down to defense.
    That was our thought after the first 15 minutes; this team is inexperienced enough with hand-check fouls and turnovers, Belmont may work them.

On a side note, Jae Crowder and some of his Celtic teammates were in the house last night, including Kelly Olynyk.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Exhibition games were always poor turnouts, and coming off of back to back disappointing seasons it's not surprising. If this team comes out and wins some games early everyone will return.
    Not as bad as last night. Even the season ticket holder turnout was sparse. Would have expected more to see the frosh.

PS, mid-terms were a couple weeks ago as well. No excuses.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 11-10-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Handfull of students I talked with in the daytime said, they had to study for a test this week and it's just an exhibition game.
    The violins are out and playing you like a song.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast