Thread: Randy Foye on Travis Diener

Randy Foye on Travis Diener

At Big East freshmen symposium.

Seems a little staged because Diener never played in the Big East...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Seems a little staged because Diener never played in the Big East...
    MU played at MSG against Nova in the Coaches vs Cancer game in '03 - '04 or '04 - '05 season so he may have been thinking of that - MU won - Nova had a talent ladden but freshmen ladden team IIRC. I was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    MU played at MSG against Nova in the Coaches vs Cancer game in '03 - '04 or '04 - '05 season so he may have been thinking of that - MU won - Nova had a talent ladden but freshmen ladden team IIRC. I was at the game.
    The game against Nova was 02-03. We played against St. John's in 03-04 in the same setup.

They played VU the day after my son was born in 2002. I took him home from the hospital and watched the game with him on the couch.

No doubt they played Nova, but Foye's comments were that after playing Diener he realized that the Big East was the real deal...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby Snacks View Post
    The game against Nova was 02-03. We played against St. John's in 03-04 in the same setup.
    Whoops - my point remains the same though. I was at both of those games. The '02 event was comprised of 3 of the 4 FF teams for the '02-'03 season - MU, Texas, and SU with KU being the only absentee. Those were fun NYC trips in back-to-back years.

Travis should have played Billy in "White Men Can't Jump"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJ2...yer_detailpage