Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wojo , MU media day

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I think the negativity regarding the non-conference schedule is a bit misunderstood. So many of the reporters read these sites to get their info. They see that people are unhappy with the non-conference schedule so they report about it and go as far as asking Wojo about it.

Look - the non conference schedule is not all that bad. Wojo responded with the teams that were a real challenge, ad there were more than a handful.

What people on these boards were unhappy about regarding the non conference schedule was the number of HOME GAMES that were less desirable. Maybe if those reporters/naysayers would take time to understand it, they would realize the non-conference schedule and the non-conference home schedule are two different things.
    I think this is definitely true. I've been critical of the schedule, but it's mostly because all the games under MU's control are terrible. The schedule as a whole is OK, with Belmont, Iowa, LSU(maybe ASU), and UW, but those were all set up separately. The games MU set up themselves are all 300+ RPI teams and will kill our SoS. I wish they would have set up a new Home-and-Home, or at least tried to get some <300 RPI teams for buy games. I don't think the casual fan really cares if we beat a team with a <300 RPI or 300+RPI, but that many bad teams are going to hurt our chances at selection time for a team that's predicted to be in bubble territory.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good point, but playing each team twice is all the schedule makers can control. Injuries, illnesses and suspensions can never be controlled by schedule makers in any sport. Next man up, the point is that each team gets two shots against every other team.
    Agreed. Just noting that things are never equal in terms of results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123