Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wojo , MU media day

The video is also on gomarquette.com.

This is the 2nd time I heard Wojo talk about the non-conference schedule. The first was Inside College Basketball on Sirius XM with John Finestein. Finestein said, the non-conference schedule is pretty tough with Belmont, Iowa, LSU and at Wisconsin. I'm starting to change my mind a bit, that it's not that bad as most think it is. It's near the end of the video today. I kinda like Wojo's answer.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

This is the 2nd time I heard Wojo talk about the non-conference schedule. The first was Inside College Basketball on Sirius XM with John Finestein. Finestein said, the non-conference schedule is pretty tough with Belmont, Iowa, LSU and at Wisconsin. I'm starting to change my mind a bit, that it's not that bad as most think it is. It's near the end of the video today. I kinda like Wojo's answer.
    Like the answer even more if my assumption is right about who asked the ?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

It's going to suck RPI wise, but in reality is not terribly different then most teams. It's not bad at the top, but the eight cupcakes all come with extra frosting. Still think we could use 1-2 more legitimate tests, but the big issue will be the cupcakes anchoring down the schedule.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    It's going to suck RPI wise, but in reality is not terribly different then most teams. It's not bad at the top, but the eight cupcakes all come with extra frosting. Still think we could use 1-2 more legitimate tests, but the big issue will be the cupcakes anchoring down the schedule.
    Yep, the cupcakes are way too bad from an RPI standpoint.

Not only that, but the high-major teams we will or could play in non-con are not exactly viewed as top teams.

LSU is projected to finish second in the SEC by Lindy's.

Arizona State, which we could play after LSU, is predicted to finish 9th in the Pac 12 by Lindy's.

NC State, which we could play after LSU, is predicted to finish 7th in the ACC.

Iowa is picked to finish 8th in the Big 10-14 by Lindy's.

UW is picked to finish 6th.

Belmont will be tough, maybe even the best non-con foe we play, especially since it may take LSU's three frosh awhile to adjust to D-1.

LSU has a chance to end the season in the Top 20, but it would be a surprise if any of our other non-con foes do, too.

In short, our schedule is not only weak at the bottom with eight cupcakes, but it is relatively weak at the top as well - not exactly a formula to help our RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Not only that, but the high-major teams we will or could play in non-con are not exactly viewed as top teams.

LSU is projected to finish second in the SEC by Lindy's.

Arizona State, which we could play after LSU, is predicted to finish 9th in the Pac 12 by Lindy's.

NC State, which we could play after LSU, is predicted to finish 7th in the ACC.

Iowa is picked to finish 8th in the Big 10-14 by Lindy's.

UW is picked to finish 6th.

Belmont will be tough, maybe even the best non-con foe we play, especially since it may take LSU's three frosh awhile to adjust to D-1.

LSU has a chance to end the season in the Top 20, but it would be a surprise if any of our other non-con foes do, too.

In short, our schedule is not only weak at the bottom with eight cupcakes, but it is relatively weak at the top as well - not exactly a formula to help our RPI.
    Time will tell. Not MUs fault to predict a team's ranking within there conference.

And do you really think UW will be 6th? They will be top 4 certainly and I think maybe top 2.

Agree Halo.

My uneducated key for UW is how the other guards produce alongside Koenig. The two best inside guys besides Hayes could be the redshirt Happ and freshman Thomas? Again, I don't know, but that was what I was reading on some of the boards.

I'm not sure what to think about UW this year.

I do know that this will be, by far, the least experienced team Bo has had at UW with five frosh and a red-shirt frosh. It will also be the youngest at the other end as there is not a senior on the roster with any real experience. Gee, kind of like MU.

There is no question that Hayes and Koenig are solid D-1 players, but both will be thrust into different roles this year, leadership roles. Happ is supposedly talented, but he has not played a minute of D-1 ball. The other guys - Brown, Showalter, Hill, and Dearing - have shown little.

On top of that, the Big 10-14 seems to have some pretty solid teams. Overall, I think the conference is stronger than it normally is.

Finally, UW's conference schedule is tougher than it has been in quite awhile as they play many of the stronger teams twice.

Bo has a terrific track record; one certainly can not ignore that. But it does not take long to have a program slide. We had eight consecutive years in the Big Dance and were coming off two Sweet 16s and an Elite Eight. Then, boom!

The Badgers could end up in the top four in the conference, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on that happening. I think UW will more likely end up in the middle of the conference, in the 6th through 8th range. Time will tell.

Some interesting comments about the work ethic change from last year to this year......http://www.jsonline.com/sports/golde...330998351.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast