Thread: Northwestern enjoyed MP

Northwestern enjoyed MP

Wouldn't it be nice if we could play our whole season in Miller Park?

How many games does Milwaukee get to play at Miller Park in a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    How many games does Milwaukee get to play at Miller Park in a season?
    Good question. It's been as few as one and as many as three, with two of the games a doubleheader. Each game follows a Brewers day game.

They should also have played the WIAC conference tournament there.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I think it would be great if UWM would be able to host a early season tournament or showcase event there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think it would be great if UWM would be able to host a early season tournament or showcase event there.
    The Brewers wouldn't have it. They're almost completely against it. If I have it right, UWM Baseball is the only thing besides Brewers or Timber Rattlers to play on that field in years.

There is a high school showcase game.

I didn't know that. What I do know is that teams we've played in recent years - Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisville, Arizona State - have all told us that they would love to come play at Milwaukee, if it were early in the season at Miller Park. The Brewers will not comply.

Bothers me that the Brewers will not comply, as the stadium is not theirs. It belongs to the citizens. They are merely a tenant.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Bothers me that the Brewers will not comply, as the stadium is not theirs. It belongs to the citizens. They are merely a tenant.
    My thoughts exactly. Sooner than later they are going to have switch to a synthetic type grass anyways,