Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Litehouse View Post
    and of those 5, Belmont is a Friday night, Iowa and Georgetown are worth it, so really only IUPUI and Stetson are left as the stinkers probably not worth the hassle. Much better than last year.
    Well, I'm at every game with my perfect attendance. I will admit, it's had to get the mojo going for a non-conference game at 8:00pm during the week. Agree, much better than last year. Let's face it, if the team was winning the past two season, some wouldn't say much about the 8pm games.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post

Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside.
    Billy Garrett may be clever, but aside from having perfect posture I think he's overrated!

I expected a breakout year from DePaul a year ago, I've learned my lesson. You're right though, Leitao should have them at least playing hard and together - a foreign concept in Chicago for the past 10 years.

For all those pooh-poohing DePaul, I think the Demons will be significantly better this year. I also think they present some match-up problems for MU, especially if they play small ball with a line up of Hamilton, Henry, and three guards.

Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside. Henry has a nice mid-range game and is good at attacking the hoop. And Hamilton, who is obviously inconsistent, can draw our bigs out to the perimeter because he can shoot from outside.

But the biggest difference, of course, will be the coaching. DL will have DePaul playing hard, and I am sure their defense will be much improved. The Demons beat us each of the last two years, both being games we should not have lost but did.

We are certainly a more talented, deeper team than we were last year, but DePaul should also have a more competitive team under new direction than they did under Purnell. I expect both games to be battles.
    While I also think they are improving and will play harder this year, they are still a few players away. Garrett is a solid player and Henry is decent. I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton just yet and after that...I just don't see that much to be concerned about. They'll have a decent starting five but once it gets to the bench I think they come up short.

I see the Big East this year as a four-tiered league. The first tier is 'Nova, Georgetown, and Butler. I expect them to compete for the league title. The next tier for me is Xavier, Marquette, and Providence. Teams that should compete for NCAA bids, and might be able to make a run at the top tier, but right now, just have a little less than those first three. After that, Creighton, Seton Hall, and DePaul. All three should win some games (6-8) but unlikely to be mentioned for the NCAAs when March rolls around. And then St. John's, who will prop up the league. Just not enough left for Mullin to work with. It's not like he can't win there, but it's more than a 6-month rebuliding project he has. I think they'll struggle for at least 2-3 years.

Garrett is NBA regular season ready--he doesn't give a damn until there are 2 minutes left.

For all those pooh-poohing DePaul, I think the Demons will be significantly better this year. I also think they present some match-up problems for MU, especially if they play small ball with a line up of Hamilton, Henry, and three guards.

Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside. Henry has a nice mid-range game and is good at attacking the hoop. And Hamilton, who is obviously inconsistent, can draw our bigs out to the perimeter because he can shoot from outside.

But the biggest difference, of course, will be the coaching. DL will have DePaul playing hard, and I am sure their defense will be much improved. The Demons beat us each of the last two years, both being games we should not have lost but did.

We are certainly a more talented, deeper team than we were last year, but DePaul should also have a more competitive team under new direction than they did under Purnell. I expect both games to be battles.
    I agree with most of what you say. However, they have not beat us each of the past two years. We swept them in 13-14, although they should have beaten us at least once.

Bluejays led in the final minute of six of their 14 Big East losses last season. Finished 4-14 in league.

Creighton is the wildcard for me. I can see them as a ncaa tourament team.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 09-09-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Garrett is NBA regular season ready--he doesn't give a damn until there are 2 minutes left.
    I'm out there bustin' my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Well, I'm at every game with my perfect attendance. I will admit, it's had to get the mojo going for a non-conference game at 8:00pm during the week. Agree, much better than last year. Let's face it, if the team was winning the past two season, some wouldn't say much about the 8pm games.
    I don't live in Milwaukee, so the winter driving and getting home at midnight when I have to work the next morning can make watching the game on TV seem very appealing for those late ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Litehouse View Post
    I don't live in Milwaukee, so the winter driving and getting home at midnight when I have to work the next morning can make watching the game on TV seem very appealing for those late ones.
    The 8:00 PM games are great on the front end coming in from Chicago - dealing with the rush hour traffic and/or snow is much less stressful knowing that it is an 8:00 PM tip-off, but the return trip is a killer, especially driving alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    The 8:00 PM games are great on the front end coming in from Chicago - dealing with the rush hour traffic and/or snow is much less stressful knowing that it is an 8:00 PM tip-off, but the return trip is a killer, especially driving alone.
    Wait. You mean all the leggy super models don't road trip with you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast