Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reminder MU plays at 11:00 AM this morning

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Do we have any idea the quality of team we played today? Hard to put much into context if we don't know the quality of the opponent.
    That's a concern of mine as well. If I were to guess, I'd say Haukar would probably be comparable to some of those Bucknell, South Dakota, Belmont type teams you see make the dance. They definitely had experience and didn't back down. Spaced the floor well and could definitely shoot. Also a smart team that didn't waste chances (only missed 2 FTs I believe).

It is hard to assess. They are a pro team, but they seem to be a middle of the road Icelandic team, which certainly isn't Italy, France, or Spain. But they were tough. Just going off the eye test (which I admit I hate to do) I think this was a solid win. Not as good as some teams we'll see this year, but good enough that this test alone tells me the trip should be worth it.

I've heard references to most players in this thread, but didn't hear how JJJ played. Anyone have thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I've heard references to most players in this thread, but didn't hear how JJJ played. Anyone have thoughts?

He didn't play very much and was pretty average when he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Sultan is spot on. Limited minutes and pedestrian when he was in. It's one game, so take it for what it's worth, but I'd say he's behind Cohen, Wally, and Anim in the pecking order right now.

Here is the schedule for the Hoyas Italy/Switzerland trip:

Sunday, Aug. 16, Hoyas v. Haukar Basket (Iceland), Arena Altero Felici, Rome, 5:30pm (all times local)

Tuesday, Aug. 18, Hoyas v. Dream Team Italy Select, Arena Altero Felici, Rome, 5:30pm

Thursday, Aug. 20, Hoyas v. BC Atletas (Lithuania), Palaterme, Montecatini Terme (Florence), 5:30pm

Saturday, Aug. 22, Hoyas v. Sam Basket Massagno (Switzerland), Palamondo, Cadempino (Lugano), Switzerland, 5:30pm
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Here is the schedule for the Hoyas Italy/Switzerland trip:

Sunday, Aug. 16, Hoyas v. Haukar Basket (Iceland), Arena Altero Felici, Rome, 5:30pm (all times local)

Tuesday, Aug. 18, Hoyas v. Dream Team Italy Select, Arena Altero Felici, Rome, 5:30pm

Thursday, Aug. 20, Hoyas v. BC Atletas (Lithuania), Palaterme, Montecatini Terme (Florence), 5:30pm

Saturday, Aug. 22, Hoyas v. Sam Basket Massagno (Switzerland), Palamondo, Cadempino (Lugano), Switzerland, 5:30pm
    Interesting, three common opponents. I suppose in theory this will give us a comparison base with Georgetown.

I think it's four. The Italy Select might be the same team.

Duane Wilson had 28 points and Henry Ellenson had 24 points and 10 rebounds. Luke with 10 pts and 10 boards.

The opponent was impressive in that just about every player on the floor could shoot with range. They made some deep 3's. Their ability to shoot with range opened up the opportunity for them to get offensive boards, MU could not sag off anyone. Reminded me of Davidson from 2013.

For a game on August 12 with so many young players, I thought MU performed very well. Their ability to take it to another level in the 4th was encouraging.

MarquetteMBB ‏@MarquetteMBB · 8h8 hours ago
    Tremendous support for #mubb. Nearly 2K views live & over 8K of the archived broadcast. Thanks to @Bballtravelers for the help!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345