Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italy schedule

Italy schedule

MU has now posted the Italy games on the schedule at gomarquette.com. Team plays 8/12, 8/15, 8/16 and 8/19 with the last game actually across the border in Lugano, Switzerland. With 3 days between the last 2 games, the team can lounge around Lake Lugano for a bit...

I volunteer to fly to Italy and provide detailed reports of each game, all expenses paid for by BrewCityBall.com of course.

Lugano Switzerland is where Jake Thomas played last year.

EDIT: In fact the team they are playing is the one Jake played for.

Fitz played for them a few years back too, as well as another MU player if I remember correctly. Just really really surprised that they are not playing in Sassari.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Fitz played for them a few years back too, as well as another MU player if I remember correctly. Just really really surprised that they are not playing in Sassari.
    The team is traveling a northerly route from Rome. Sassari is in Sardinia and not on the route.

Furthermore, did Marquette put this schedule together? My guess is they used a third party of some type.

Nuke - I know, but Travis is not only a legend in Sassari, but also a citizen. Thought that would have some influence on the trip.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Nuke - I know, but Travis is not only a legend in Sassari, but also a citizen. Thought that would have some influence on the trip.
    I am a bit surprised too, you would think Travis could have set them up... Now there could be all sorts of reasons why, but still slightly surprising.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

When I first saw the Italy trip I just assumed Travis would have helped coordinate.

I just did some research on this. They used a tour company called "Basketball Travelers" to coordinate this trip.

http://www.basketballtravelers.com/fans/

My guess is that they line up multiple sites and coordinate games between their schools European teams, as well as work in some side trips for educational purposes. Given this, I think it's difficult to request a game in Sassari without additional costs and coordination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast