Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What features should the new arena have?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby Snacks View Post
    Also, I believe Populous is signed on to do the project. Check out their work at www.populous.com/projects/type/basketball

Hopefully it's more like the Yum Center and Amway Center and less like the Sprint Center.
    For those who haven't been, look at pictures of the KFC Yum Center. Build a duplicate here, that place is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Open concourse type areas with standing room and tables where you can see the action from a table or bar stool.
    Maybe even general admission areas such as this where you don't have a seat, but are in the arena. Kind of like what they have done at the Dallas Football Stadium.
    I like the idea of an open area.
    You could take it a step further and turn a cheap seat area (upper deck corner) into more of a bar spot where anyone, including general admission can go.

Do they have areas like this where the Bulls play?

I have been to the Yum! and I honestly think we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I have been to the Yum! and I honestly think we can do better.
    Of the seating layouts pictured, I like that one the best.

Haven't been there, so I can't speak to the sightlines or amenities.

I have a lot of faith that these new owners will do it right. I think that is why they have been pushing for a $500 mil facility, and when the going looked to be getting rough didn't back down to a lesser version. I just hope there is something unique in the stadium that makes it a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby Snacks View Post
    Also, I believe Populous is signed on to do the project. Check out their work at www.populous.com/projects/type/basketball
    Populous is also designing the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium in north London. They are designing it to have a second, retractable field that will be used solely for 2 NFL games annually. Yeah, these guys seem to know what they're doing in stadium design. #COYS
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Goo mentioned a bar in the cheap seats. Cincinnati has that. It has tables that face the court, can't remember if they were windows or open air, but it was a nice set up. When it comes to the Yum Center, very nice but agree, there can always be improvements. One thing I would like to see in Louisville is the "10th Street Live" or whatever it is. There is a bar area that has the street permanently blocked off with an awning/roof over it where there is live music every weekend. That would be great right next to the stadium.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The old MECCA floor somewhere in the concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    One thing I would like to see in Louisville is the "10th Street Live" or whatever it is. There is a bar area that has the street permanently blocked off with an awning/roof over it where there is live music every weekend. That would be great right next to the stadium.
    Great memories of stumbling through that street during the tournament a few years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Great memories of stumbling through that street during the tournament a few years ago!
    I was there too, that was fantastic... That said, I too hope the new arena has some uniqueness to it, you don't want cookie cutter, you want something that looks cool and draws people to check it out.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast