Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What features should the new arena have?

I was in Louisville a last year for a deposition. Stayed near the Yum!. Even more development in the area since the NCAA games there. The Louisville Cardinals stadium is at the other end of the same street as the Yum! and forms the other end of downtown, which I think bodes well for their overall plan. The bar area referred to above is pretty cool. The canopy is plexiglass, or something similar, and it seems similar to the bar area proposed for outside our new arena.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Populous is also designing the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium in north London. They are designing it to have a second, retractable field that will be used solely for 2 NFL games annually. Yeah, these guys seem to know what they're doing in stadium design. #COYS
    will still be a piece of sh*t

What seating capacity is needed to still host NCAA games?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    will still be a piece of sh*t
    Typical hipster, poser, metro-sexual Gooner fan. But I repeat myself.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Typical hipster, poser, metro-sexual Gooner fan. But I repeat myself.
    The blue side of Manchester waves down to both of you from the top of the table.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    The blue side of Manchester waves down to both of you from the top of the table.
    Pfft. You may be Blue but you're not Royal! 'Mon the Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Pfft. You may be Blue but you're not Royal! 'Mon the Reading!
    Reading? Seriously? Good friends of my in laws not only live there but have tickets. They gave Mrs. Mayor and Hizzoner Reading jerseys fr our wedding. Now if they could only get promoted from the Championship.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Reading? Seriously? Good friends of my in laws not only live there but have tickets. They gave Mrs. Mayor and Hizzoner Reading jerseys fr our wedding. Now if they could only get promoted from the Championship.
    Yeah, I've supported Reading since they were promoted with Marcus Hahnemann & Bobby Convey starting. Stick with them through relegation, promotion, and relegation again. Hopefully they can keep their excellent youth players together and become a mainstay in the Prem like Stoke or Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Yeah, I've supported Reading since they were promoted with Marcus Hahnemann & Bobby Convey starting. Stick with them through relegation, promotion, and relegation again. Hopefully they can keep their excellent youth players together and become a mainstay in the Prem like Stoke or Swansea.
    Of note to people on this board, one of those young players is one-time MU commit Andrija Novakovich. Still only 18 years old.

Yup, and already made two senior team appearances for the club. American Danny Williams is also a regular in the starting line-up. Though Aleks Gogic, a young American keeper, was released this offseason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast