Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monroe to the Bucks

The Bucks are actually now in a position where they will probably have to cut legit NBA players that will land on other NBA teams from the end of their bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    A lot of national media in amazement that LaMarcus Aldridge was not impressed with the Lakers pitch and Monroe went to Milwaukee over LA or New York. I love it. Small markets are doing well in the NBA now, the CBA in 2011 has helped.
    I am seeing NY being ripped because they didn't even offer the max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    The Bucks are actually now in a position where they will probably have to cut legit NBA players that will land on other NBA teams from the end of their bench.
    Not necessarily. Bucks have "Early Bird" rights on Khris Middleton....meaning they can exceed the cap to sign Middleton. Contracts cannot actually be signed until July 9. Not 100% sure, but I think if Khris is the last one to sign and his salary puts the total team salary over the cap, none of that is susceptible to the luxury tax because of the "Early Bird" rights. This is also where it pays off to have owners with deep pockets that want to win badly. With the cap going from $67 million in 15-16 to $89 million in 16-17, the Bucks will be fine. Giannis is under his rookie contract for at least 2 more years and Jabari for at least 3 more years.

At C, Monroe averaged 20 and 13. At PF, Monroe averaged 16 and 10. Monroe should start at C for the Bucks.

I didn't mean if from a financial standpoint. I meant from a roster size standpoint. I think you can have 15 guys under contract and dress 13. With the addition of Monroe they will have 17 guys on the roster, and that is after they cut Shawne Williams and Caron Butler.

15 and can dress 12.

C-Monroe, Pachulia
    PF-Parker, Henson, Inglis, Bryant
    SF-Giannis, Mayo, Dudley
    SG-Middleton, Vaughn
    PG-MCW, Vazquez, Bayless, Ennis

I count 15, who am I missing?

I didn't mean if from a financial standpoint. I meant from a roster size standpoint. I think you can have 15 guys under contract and dress 13. With the addition of Monroe they will have 17 guys on the roster, and that is after they cut Shawne Williams and Caron Butler.
    I'm sure Gutierrez and maybe O'Bryant will be gone.
    The remaining 15 guys are a pretty deep NBA roster, and if last year is any indication, most will get playing time with Kidd.

Starters
    MCW - Middleton - Giannis - Parker - Monroe

Backups
    PG - Vasquez / Bayless / Ennis
    2 Guard - Mayo / Vaughn
    SF - Inglis / Dudley
    PF / C - Henson / Plumlee
    C - ZaZa

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    15 and can dress 12.

C-Monroe, Pachulia
    PF-Parker, Henson, Inglis, Bryant
    SF-Giannis, Mayo, Dudley
    SG-Middleton, Vaughn
    PG-MCW, Vazquez, Bayless, Ennis

I count 15, who am I missing?
    Plumlee and Guitterez

Plumlee and Guitterez
    Between these 2 and Ennis, they will make room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast