Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monroe to the Bucks

Monroe to the Bucks

Monroe to the Bucks on what sounds like a 3 year max deal.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/2...-contractbucks

Didn't think they would pull it off - congrats to the Bucks, things are certainly getting interesting.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

This guy is exactly the type of player the Bucks need. A guy who can score and rebound. His only issue has been foul trouble. This could be enough to make the Bucks a top four team in the East. They will be so much better with Zsa Zsa coming off the bench. He's not known for his defense, which I would probably tell him not to play anyway to stay out of foul trouble. Just get me boards and score inside. He was my top free agent target. The only thing I don't like about this deal is is basically is only for two years, as the third year is a player option. He will have to opt out of that seeing that the cap will rise dramatically with new TV deal.

Awesome to see the Bucks involved on a national level! So excited!
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Sure does create a lot of excitement for the next season.

What I like most about the signing is he was heavily pursued by teams like the Knicks and Lakers.
    This signals a huge shift for the Bucks, in that a highly sought after free agent chose Milwaukee.

Green and Growing! I may have to watch more than just the 4th quarter of games, and get to more than just 2 next year.

March Madness starts in November

I started playing a lot of Fanduel NBA basketball last year. Really forced me to look at a lot of players. Monroe was a guy I would often target because of his great offensive numbers.

Big national buzz around this signing, after he turned down the Knicks and Lakers.

Great deal for both parties. Bucks avoid any long-term risk, and Monroe gets another payday in 2 or 3 years.

Awesome news! Bucks pick up a guy that averaged 15 and 10 last year and keeps with the Bucks theme of adding young talent that has room left to grow and improve. I have been impressed with Kidd and his assistants, the ability to teach the game and improve players' individual games. Just witnessing Giannis' development is proof of that. Get Parker back, add an 18-year old former McDonalds All-American in Vaughn and now Greg Monroe. I wonder if Edens and/or Lasry went to DC to be a part of the meeting contingent? Well done Bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Big national buzz around this signing, after he turned down the Knicks and Lakers.

Great deal for both parties. Bucks avoid any long-term risk, and Monroe gets another payday in 2 or 3 years.
    A lot of national media in amazement that LaMarcus Aldridge was not impressed with the Lakers pitch and Monroe went to Milwaukee over LA or New York. I love it. Small markets are doing well in the NBA now, the CBA in 2011 has helped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast