Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Questiion #1

Trivia Questiion #1

Since freshmen became eligible again in the 1972-'73 season (Earl Tatum's freshman year), MU has had only nine true freshmen average double-digit ppg (10.0 ppg or higher) in the ensuing 42 years.

Without looking up the records, see if you can identify all nine. Obviously old-timers have an advantage here.

I am guessing there will be a couple of surprises in terms of who is on this list as well as a couple of surprise with respect to who is not.
    Last edited by Phantom Warrior; 06-16-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Doc, Travis, Rony Eford, Damon Key, David Boone, Schlunt, Bo?

I think Novak just missed or just made it...no Butch - 8 something.

Dominic James did for sure, and I believe Jerel did also
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Come on guys. Everyone knows the answer to every Marquette trivia question: Rod Grosse.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

My history only dates back to the mid-80's so these guys - Jerel, Logtermann, Dominic, Eford, Key, Doc, Hutchens - plus a couple of guys from the 70's.

Not Travis (7.9 ppg), not Schlundt (9.2 ppg). Boone entered MU as a junior. Novak was 7.1 ppg. Not Hutch either (5.5 ppg). And Caribou was right. Not Butch (8.3 ppg).

Yes on Doc (14.0 ppg), Eford (11.0 ppg), Key (13.2 ppg), and Bo (12.2 ppg). Yes also on D.J. (15.3 ppg) and Jerel (11.1 ppg). Good call on Logterman (10.7 ppg)

That leaves two. One should be pretty obvious. Kind of surprised no one has mentioned him.
    Last edited by Phantom Warrior; 06-16-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Not Travis (7.9 ppg), not Schlundt (9.2 ppg). Boone entered MU as a junior. Novak was 7.1 ppg. Not Hutch either (5.5 ppg). And Caribou was right. Not Butch (8.3 ppg).

Yes on Doc (14.0 ppg), Eford (11.0 ppg), Key (13.2 ppg), and Bo (12.2 ppg). Yes also on D.J. (15.3 ppg) and Jerel (11.1 ppg). Good call on Logterman (10.7 ppg)

That leaves two. One should be pretty obvious. Kind of surprised no one has mentioned him.
    Dwyane Wade

Wade was a redshirt freshman as is (was) Duane Wilson.

And #10 will be Henry Ellenson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast