Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buzz on D-List ESPN...

Wasn't Buycks set to go to Bradley and had to go JUCO because he hadn't take one or two core credit classes he needed?

Yes - A lot of schools held off because they didn't think he would get the grades/ACT he needed. But he did get what he needed and he committed, but upon further review, did not have the number of core classes he needed - I would blame that one on guidance counselor error, but it did lead him to MU.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

It was a good appearance for Buzz.

To those complaining about the substance of the interview and the questions they asked...IWBs explanation about the media market here says it all. Those of us here that frequent the message boards, Paint Touches, etc, care about the micro issues of Player X's development or Incoming Player Y's potential impact next year. We are a very small minority as it relates to the demographic of those that listen to 540. Unless it is a local prospect, nobody knows/cares who Buzz is recruiting and I doubt even wants to hear about them until sometime in October when the season starts.

In an interview like this, it is more important to focus on the macro issues/topics...those that the general sports fan in the area have heard about and are interested in. JUCOs, Benford getting the UNT job, the one and done issue are all topics that a casual fan knows something about and probably finds it interesting to hear Buzz' take.

This isn't Lexington, Louisville, Chapel Hill, Durham, Lawrence, etc. Other than a few of us, nobody cares about what Derrick Wilson needs to improve on or what impact Steve Taylor can have as a freshman. And...given the potential turnover that could be coming, talking about current players may not be the best thing to do anyways.

It's a sports station in Milwaukee....the MU flagship no less.....I guarantee you most of the listeners would have enjoyed hearing about the team or other basketball related topics as opposed to hearing Buzz discuss his love for Jucos for the 20th time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12