Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle Washington Visiting Starting Today

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    For Luke to make the NBA, he is going to have to develop his offensive game much further, or he is going to have to become a lot stronger. The best hope for him would be for him to become a mini-Kaminsky who can stretch the floor a bit with his shooting. I watch a lot of NBA, and there is absolutely no place for a guy with his game as it stands right now.

Greg Steimsma is in the NBA. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I think those items you list there alone are big ifs... I look at the final four teams from the last few years and I guess I just don't see us as the same caliber next year, even with Henry staying. We have heard many times that freshman look really good, let's see it on the court before I start projecting them to be top 50 type guys or guys that will be solid contributors to a final 4 caliber team.
    Agree. Expectations need to be tempered. This team is extremely young and somewhat inexperienced.

this is not next year, I said I thought we would be boderline NCAA. This would be for 16-17 season. Luke would be a SR, Duane would be a Jr, Henry would be a soph, and both transfers would be eligible. That team would be deep, would not be relying on any 1st year player for contributions, it would be Tall, and it would have a very balanced roster. IE guys that can shoot, drive, Dribble, rebound, block shots.

I try to temper expectations, especially a year out. I remember for a long time thinking 2013-14 would be our year to contend for a title. Didn't work out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by KMWTRUCKS View Post
    this is not next year, I said I thought we would be boderline NCAA. This would be for 16-17 season. Luke would be a SR, Duane would be a Jr, Henry would be a soph, and both transfers would be eligible. That team would be deep, would not be relying on any 1st year player for contributions, it would be Tall, and it would have a very balanced roster. IE guys that can shoot, drive, Dribble, rebound, block shots.
    When I say "next year" thats what I mean, I look at 15-16 as this year... sorry should have been more clear on that.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I try to temper expectations, especially a year out. I remember for a long time thinking 2013-14 would be our year to contend for a title. Didn't work out so well.
    agreed, whole heartedly, we are talking a hypothetical situation, I dont think either of us truly believe it will play out as we suggest.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Any tidbits about how Kyle's visit went? Could a commitment be forthcoming or is he definitely going to take his visit to Cincy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123