Thread: Hubert Davis Departure from ESPN

Hubert Davis Departure from ESPN

I was bummed when I heard he was going to UNC to coach. I really liked his analysis, always came prepared, didn't have any contrived shtick, far from having a huge ego and didn't take himself too seriously - had a great sense of humor. I saw in a paper yesterday that Seth Greenberg might be in the mix as a replacement - ughh. If that ends up being the case, I would assume that Seth would be withheld from any NCAA analysis, but just barely as was the case in his coaching career.

I imagine Hubert will be taking a big pay cut right, but then again if he was smart about his money from the NBA in addition the ESPN gig he is just playing with house money. I wonder how long it will be before he is a Head Coach.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-...050712aab.html

How much do you think those guys get paid at ESPN? I know an assistant at UNC probably gets compensated pretty well, on top of getting to go home.

Czaban on Lazer always said the top talent at ESPN get paid well, but everyone else gets worked to death, paid very little and their office is a warehouse with tiny cubicles in the middle of Bristol, Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamostradamus View Post
    Czaban on Lazer always said the top talent at ESPN get paid well, but everyone else gets worked to death, paid very little and their office is a warehouse with tiny cubicles in the middle of Bristol, Connecticut.
    I would assume he was around a million $ wouldn't you think? Not bad for a 5-6 month job.