Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Researing E-Mail

With a new arena coming in a year why do they need to do it now. Wait and have it all as a big part of the new kick ass stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    With a new arena coming in a year why do they need to do it now. Wait and have it all as a big part of the new kick ass stadium.
    Actually it will be 2 years and why not get the students up close now. As IWB notes, not sure how they will accomplish that without getting the fire department in a tizzy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    It always makes sense to have the students closer to the court, most schools have student sections that way, just not sure how they are going to do it.
    Some schools have the students stand, no seating. Saw student standing sections at the NCAAs, too.

VS

Hard to just have them stand when they are in there 2+ hours before tip off holding their seats.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Domer Larry wanted players moved into regular dorms to be like Notre Dame and now Wojo wants students closer to court like Duke. Why can't Marquette just be Marquette?

Wojo was actively seeking advice from students on how to improve the student experience at the games. My guess is that this was part of that.

Sometimes the "Marquette should just be Marquette" philosophy can be an excuse for not improving.

I thought they always kept the media in front of the students to prevent things like court storming, or court 'visiting' by those students that were a little less than sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I thought they always kept the media in front of the students to prevent things like court storming, or court 'visiting' by those students that were a little less than sober.
    Good point. Playing in a facility that sells beer makes the game experience for students a bit different than at many other venues, like Duke.

I assume the media will be getting the tables in what is now the VIF area?
    "Your greatness will silence them all." - The Ultimate Warrior

No, I think it will be above 216 - kind of like it was for NCAAs.

Domer Larry wanted players moved into regular dorms to be like Notre Dame and now Wojo wants students closer to court like Duke. Why can't Marquette just be Marquette?
    This is a stupid, stupid post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast