Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arena Deal Details Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    The WCD & BC Board should have merged long ago.

So with the WCD in control, I guess that means the state owns the facility and not the Bucks' owners?
    Thought all along that the Bucks would not own the arena. That's why their investment is limited.

I believe that makes the owners' contributions tax deductible which makes it sting a lot less. If WCD is running things, that means Frank Gimbel is still running the show. I have to think they will revamp that board to weaken Frank's hand.

I would like to see some numbers on this, but the headlines all read taxpayers paying $250 million.

Yes, but what are the tax payers getting?
    So if the payments are over 20 years, what are expected income tax revenues over the next 20 years for the Bucks and their employees? With the expected rise in salary cap, and the expanded staff the Bucks owners now have I'd bet that will be well over $300 million.

What does the future facility expect to generate as far as state sales tax revenue? Current Rate is 5% (arena district may be a bit more).

What is the expected employment numbers associated with the new facility (building and working at the facility)? Thousands
    That is it worth to the state to have upwards of $1 billion in investment in a concentrated area of Milwaukee?

People keep complaining the tax payers are getting screwed having to pay for NBA facility. Well, I think if someone runs the numbers, the tax payers are making out pretty good on their investment. And they get a great facility that is sure to bring in quality entertainment for years to come (not just the 41 home games the Bucks play).
    Last edited by Goose85; 05-28-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    If WCD is running things, that means Frank Gimbel is still running the show. I have to think they will revamp that board to weaken Frank's hand.
    And this is huge. Given the toxic mixture of arrogance and incompetence that Gimbel and the board have shown, the board needs to be completely replaced.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I think this is where the loss of Marc Marotta really hurts. To a degree, Marotta was driving the bus on the new project. Many said that he was the one guy that could successfully work with both political parties.

Will members of the WCD board merge with the members of the Bradley Center board? Should be interesting.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    And this is huge. Given the toxic mixture of arrogance and incompetence that Gimbel and the board have shown, the board needs to be completely replaced.
    I don't know if it will be entirely replaced, but I've been told that the plan is to retool the board, and have new leadership. No one wants Gimbel overseeing the new facility.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I don't know if it will be entirely replaced, but I've been told that the plan is to retool the board, and have new leadership. No one wants Gimbel overseeing the new facility.
    I nominate Goose85.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Time to put this old fart out to pasture and get some forward thinking. Given that he graduated from UW in 1958, he is probably 78 or 79 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    I nominate Goose85.
    Count me in Crisco. As Bill Murray (Peter Venkman) said in Ghostbusters - No job is too big, no fee is too big.

Anyone would be better than Gimbel. As IWB said, really too bad about Marotta as he would have been a pretty good fit for this position.

This is Milwaukee's chance. This had to be done right and for the right reasons. Need the board to represent the best interests of the city from an entertainment and quality of life standpoint, but also set this up for long term future success. No more throwing crazy money at losing propositions (like the Theatre).

I really hope we get this right as it could be absolutely huge for Milwaukee and the state. Oh, and it should work out pretty well for MU too!

It's funny at one point Gimbel was fighting for his building and now he might be getting more.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast