Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Patriots and Deflate Gate

I get the idea that "rules are rules," and so players in any game need to follow the rules for the game to be fair, and so really a game. So if Brady and/or someone else of the Patriots knowingly broke rules, consequences should follow.

What I don't get is that, if the inflation parameters presently are such that some players find it difficult to work the ball well, why aren't those limits adjusted. What is so sacrosanct about the present limits? I could almost excuse Brady for thinking them mindless and unfair limits in the first place.

Yet honesty is still the ultimate good. To my mind, to some degree the NFL itself created the problem with the present set of parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaJeb View Post
    I get the idea that "rules are rules," and so players in any game need to follow the rules for the game to be fair, and so really a game. So if Brady and/or someone else of the Patriots knowingly broke rules, consequences should follow.

What I don't get is that, if the inflation parameters presently are such that some players find it difficult to work the ball well, why aren't those limits adjusted. What is so sacrosanct about the present limits? I could almost excuse Brady for thinking them mindless and unfair limits in the first place.

Yet honesty is still the ultimate good. To my mind, to some degree the NFL itself created the problem with the present set of parameters.
    Yup, that's what I was suggesting earlier in this thread.

Here is one article showing how the Patriots became almost fumble proof since the rule came into effect that teams could use their own balls.

I think the deflate gate helped the Pats control catch / hold the ball far more than you would think.

This team has a history of cheating, and that along with the lack of cooperation in the investigation led to severe penalty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/warren...b_6555802.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123