Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BE/B10-14 challenge

BE/B10-14 challenge

@JonRothstein: Matchups for the first ever Big East-Big Ten Challenge are likely to be announced next week, sources told @CBSSports.

Looking forward to this.

I think that either IU comes to Milwaukee or we head to Evanston for a Wojo vs Collins matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    @JonRothstein: Matchups for the first ever Big East-Big Ten Challenge are likely to be announced next week, sources told @CBSSports.

Looking forward to this.

I think that either IU comes to Milwaukee or we head to Evanston for a Wojo vs Collins matchup.
    I want to say it's already been confirmed that we get a home game? Not positive though.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post

Looking forward to this.

If Blackmon and Farrell come back for IU, don't know that I'd necessarily want to play them early next season. They will be really good, and I guess if we are going to go against Coach Crean, I'd like to have a good shot at beating them.

Matt Velazquez indicated earlier this year that we are indeed getting a home game. It is going to be held in early-mid November. I want the Hoosiers but Michigan or Michigan State would be fun! Also, Maryland is one of the few schools that MU has never played.

Would think they will try and keep it regional for the first time around. Maryland - Gtown would be a great game with Smith-Rivera coming back. Villanova-MSU or Michigan would be good one too. Would think Creighton-Nebraska or Iowa would be logical too. Butler Purdue? Will DePaul and Illinois finally do battle? Could also be a Butler - Illinois tilt. Xavier - OSU?

Lots of really good match up possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Matt Velazquez indicated earlier this year that we are indeed getting a home game. It is going to be held in early-mid November. I want the Hoosiers but Michigan or Michigan State would be fun! Also, Maryland is one of the few schools that MU has never played.
    Mike Broeker tweeted this the other day "November 13th can't get here soon enough #mubb"

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Mike Broeker tweeted this the other day "November 13th can't get here soon enough #mubb"
    Well, Nov. 13 will be the season opener or home opener. The Big East/B1G series will be Nov. 17 thru Nov. 20th.
    March Madness starts in November

Butler vs Purdue will never play in this event, since they meet every other year in the Crossroad Classic.
    March Madness starts in November

I would like to see Georgetown vs Maryland - Only 12 miles apart. Surprised they don't play annually.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    I do not think it is for sure a home game, but I think MU will get one because they play Wisconsin on the road this year. I'm sure MU would likely have requested to host/travel opposite of the Wisconsin game.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast