Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Final 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Are we sure that Marquette was the last team in? I have seen that on Marquette boards, but haven't really seen it anywhere else.
    It was reported at the time. The NCAA did not release information as they do now, but it was definitely in question if MU would get in. MU played a nationally televised game at Michigan (which national games were bigger then - pre-cable). Al did not expect to get in and after MU lost to Wichita State (I believe), Al said he would not change his suit until they lost again. At halftime of the Michigan game, Al changed suits, as he learned MU was in.

Were they last, definitively? I can't really say. But it is more than likely.

Can't see Wisconsin continuing to play at this pace.

First break, a heck of a game in the making (yes, that can change). Kentucky, though, a little stagnant in the half court. UW more active. Decker continuing his drive to the NBA ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Can't see Wisconsin continuing to play at this pace.
    Kentucky's half court set is a lot of standing still ... they need to make UW work on D. Have not done that, thus far.

Pace works for UW. They can play at this pace. They have. Especially in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    It was reported at the time. The NCAA did not release information as they do now, but it was definitely in question if MU would get in. MU played a nationally televised game at Michigan (which national games were bigger then - pre-cable). Al did not expect to get in and after MU lost to Wichita State (I believe), Al said he would not change his suit until they lost again. At halftime of the Michigan game, Al changed suits, as he learned MU was in.

Were they last, definitively? I can't really say. But it is more than likely.
    So what. They were in and always should have been in. That was a very good team as it obviously proved. I lived through it and saw a lot of it in person. UConn last year was light years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    So what. They were in and always should have been in. That was a very good team as it obviously proved. I lived through it and saw a lot of it in person. UConn last year was light years away.
    ok, you win

I lived through it as well. What did I state that was wrong? I give up.

And now you are being argumentative. And for what purpose? Damn, you are one difficult poster to discuss things with. Back to ignoring, I guess ..

How did the ref miss that Koenig was out of bounds? Seems like an easy call to make when there wasn't anything else to watch in that instant. Maybe the ref was already running down the floor...

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    ok, you win

I lived through it as well. What did I state that was wrong? I give up.

And now you are being argumentative. And for what purpose? Damn, you are one difficult poster to discuss things with. Back to ignoring, I guess ..
    I think you need to look in the mirror. Come on, that was a very good MU team that was sidetracked by Al's issues. Any comparison to last year's UConn is simply silly. Yeah, I get the stuff about being last in or a low seed...though there were far fewer teams in the field then. Your logic is just off my friend. UConn would never have gotten into the NCAAs with its resume back then. Peace.

Kentucky can't score on their defense. This might be a long night, especially if this is a half court game. If Wisconsin takes care of the ball, which they always do, Wisconsin is going to win this easily.

I think it's time for some adult beverages.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast