Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Offseason Thread

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
    As @DraftExpress reports, Providence staff pushing Kris Dunn hard to return to school. NBA execs see Dunn w/ late lottery potential in '15.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
    As @DraftExpress reports, Providence staff pushing Kris Dunn hard to return to school. NBA execs see Dunn w/ late lottery potential in '15.
    I also selfishly hope for Dunn to stay for the conference, but I happen to agree with that assessment. This may sound like sacrilege here, but Dunn's situation reminds me a lot of D Wade after 2002. Wade would likely have gone in the first round after 20-2, but staying in college and developing his game put him in the top 5 of the 2013 draft and into a spot with immediate PT. I believe that some added polish in Dunn's game (continually improving his shot and cutting down on his TO's) could put him in the top 5 in a weak looking 2016 draft. Also, a year of developing his game could allow to him to be ready for immediate PT in the NBA.
    #BringShakaHome

If he is a lottery pick this year he should go....As IWB pointed out in an earlier thread it isn't the rookie salary you are giving up it is millions after your rookie contract. Going from late lottery in 2015 to top 5 next year(assuming it works out that way) isn't worth the risk.

Now if he doesn't want to leave that is a different deal but Cooley seems to be looking out more for himself then he is for the kid IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    If he is a lottery pick this year he should go....As IWB pointed out in an earlier thread it isn't the rookie salary you are giving up it is millions after your rookie contract. Going from late lottery in 2015 to top 5 next year(assuming it works out that way) isn't worth the risk.

Now if he doesn't want to leave that is a different deal but Cooley seems to be looking out more for himself then he is for the kid IMO.
    I think he could be anywhere from late lottery to late first round. Also, the agenda of Adrian Woj and Givony is for kids to enter the NBA, so I would not read too much into anything they spin about Cooley. Cooley's career would be better for Dunn to stay, but I believe that Dunn has the upside to improve and is in a perilous enough position to where staying makes objective sense. This is a not Sam Dekker where his stock is likely at its ceiling.
    #BringShakaHome

Given his injury history, Dunn should probably go to the draft.

Exactly. He missed basically two seasons with injuries. If he gets injured next year, he will have that tag attached to him, and teams will be more hesitant to take a gamble on him, especially with guaranteed salary. This year he was injury-free, so there should be fewer concerns.

I think he'd be foolish to play NBA-roulette. He should go while he is projected as a first-round pick. Without the injury history, I could see him wanting to stay and raise his stock.

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
    · 2h 2 hours ago
    Yankuba Sima makes it official. Just verbally committed to St. John's. 6-11 lengthy big man

Jon RothsteinVerified account
    ‏@JonRothstein Georgetown will take a foreign tour to Italy in August, JT3 told @CBSSports. Hoyas will play exhibition games and have 10 practices

If we play some of the same teams they do...could give us a barometer of where the team is at.

Wasn't Georgetown overseas relatively recently - China?

Thought it was one foreign trip every five years?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast