Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    The combination of conferences getting larger, made for TV neutral site games, the fact that the Big Tenlevenfourteen Network and the (South Bend is nowhere near the Atlantic) ACC is so tough they get RPI boost from conference play and everyone's need to get 20 wins (even if 10 come against the Little Sisters of the Poor) have made it more and more difficult to schedule good home and home nonconference games. Who suffers? The fans who buy season tickets.
    Mayor, two points in your post really hit the nail on the head, and not just for basketball.
    Made for TV games are great, but at some point you need to take care of your season ticket base with some top level home and home arrangements. That is one reason why I'm a big fan of keeping the Big East at 10 unless some incredible opportunity presents itself.

Sure most long time season ticket holders will keep buying the tickets, but student packages in many places do suffer.
    The overall schedule may look good, but a made for tv game and playing good teams in a holiday tournament often leave room for just one good nonconference home game.

That problem is moving to college football as there is the lack of H/H games and the push is now everything is neutral site games and now games out of the country.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    That problem is moving to college football as there is the lack of H/H games and the push is now everything is neutral site games and now games out of the country.
    I know more than a few Badger fan students that no longer buy football tickets. It's great to have Alabama and LSU on the schedule, but none of those games are played at home. Also, the unbalanced schedule for football has not been kind to the Badger season ticket holders for a few years now.

@GoodmanESPN: St. John's shot-blocker Chris Obekpa is transferring -- per a release from the school.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 1h1 hour ago
    St. John's now has three returning scholarship players from last season: Felix Balamou, Christian Jones, Amar Alibegovic. 4.0 ppg total
    Last edited by milkbone; 06-24-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 1h1 hour ago
    St. John's now has three returning scholarship players from last season: Felix Balamou, Christian Jones, Amar Alibegovic. 4.0 ppg total
    Good Lord. They've turned into us this past season.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Damn now I have to wipe off my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!

I can see them following a similar course to us, playing hard but losing close games due to being undermanned next year and take a big step up a year now thanks to a strong recruiting class (like I expect from us, from 13 to around 20 wins next year).
    #BringShakaHome

@PrepWars: Former Mott Community College All-American & Detroit King guard Malik Albert has committed to Creighton.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast