Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Big East Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Takes 2 to tango. Plus Cuse wants to play as often as possible at MSG. Maybe if MU and ND somehow worked it out to play annually in Chicago...
    $yracu$e thinks that being at the far end of the same state gives them the right to the entire state. Clearly, they have a high opinion of themselves since the average person living in NYC and its suburbs don't give two you know what's about $yracu$e or the ACC. I say if we can do it and piss $yracu$e off in the process we should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    $yracu$e thinks that being at the far end of the same state gives them the right to the entire state. Clearly, they have a high opinion of themselves since the average person living in NYC and its suburbs don't give two you know what's about $yracu$e or the ACC. I say if we can do it and piss $yracu$e off in the process we should do it.

I'm not entirely sure what you are criticizing here. St. Johns willingly agreed to a series with them. What does this have to do with us pissing them off?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Would like Marquette and Notre Dame to play a yearly series.
    We really should be playing ND every year, but it can't happen if they don't want to play us. That said, I would like to see another yearly series. ND and Louisville seem to be out, but someone like Cincinnati, Memphis, Dayton, St. Louis, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, West Virginia, Michigan State or Pitt, someone who either makes sense geographically or historically.

I'd even be amenable to regular 2-for-1 series with a Valpo, Bradley, or Detroit. Just get some continuity to the schedule and some more true road games and rivalries. In the old Big East, it felt like we had good rivalries with Louisville, ND, and Pitt. With them gone, we need teams that the fans love to hate.

think Valpo Bradley and Det at 2-1 is a little generous. What about a 4 year agreement with UWM, Greenbay,Valpo, and UIC at 3-1. They would all get 1 home game and we would get 3 Home games Vs better teams. would something like that be more likely since they are all in the same Conf or less? It would be basically WISC and Chicago markets.

I think UWM and Green Bay are basically out of the mix. The Horizon teams have been much more bullish on getting home and homes and 2-for-1s in recent years. I think three rolling 2-for-1 deals where we play one road game per year would be fine.

I remember hearing that the reason UWM was taken out of the mix was because they didn't want to do the 3-for-1 anymore, they wanted 2-for-1, and the reason UWGB was taken out was because they wouldn't accept anything less than what UWM got. I don't think MU wants to go back to that well. It'd be easier to set something like that up with out-of-state teams and wouldn't look like we were caving to UWM/UWGB demands.

So many others out there.

@JeffRabjohns: RT @NYPost_Brazille Dwayne "Tiny" Morton has decided not to return to Seton Hall coaching staff, per sources.

Willard is mismanaging things so bad even the assistants want to transfer out.

Some Big East related recruiting info from Zagsblog.

*Villanova is currently hosting 6-6 point guard Kevin Huerter on his official visit. Huerter is ranked 41 by ESPN.

**Wenyen Gabriel will have in-home visits with Providence, Duke and Maryland on Sept. 9, per @UndercoverFriar. Gabriel is ranked 23 by ESPN.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/recruit...r/#more-139209

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast