Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Time - Leading Scorer

Prediction Time - Leading Scorer

Now that we've had a chance to watch the team play in four games (other than Haanif, of course), who do you predict will be MU's leading scorer this year?

It seems to me there are probably three legitimate possibilities - Luke, Duane, and Henry.

My prediction - Duane - at roughly 16.0 ppg. Duane can score in so many ways. The same is true of Henry, but I don't think Henry's outside shot will be as consistent as Duane's. I also think Duane is a better free throw shooter than Henry, which will likely mean he will have the ball in his hands in close games in which we have a lead which means he will likely be the one to go to the line (even more so than Traci because of his added experience). Finally, I think Duane is less likely to get into early foul trouble than Henry and spend major portions of games on the bench.

As for Luke, I don't think he'll have as many shot opportunities as Duane. Plus, he's not a consistent free throw shooter.

I think Duane will average around 16.0 ppg, Luke around 14.0 ppg, and Henry around 12.0 ppg. Obviously just speculation based on limited observations, but the bottom line is that the board has been incredibly slow lately, especially with respect to MU stuff, so I figured I'd try to regain some momentum.

Well, I suspect we all needed to take a week off following all the Italy stuff. . As for the scoring, what you've posted above is as good a guess as I could make.

I think it will be:

1. Duane
    2. Henry
    3. Luke

I'd agree with all your reasons for Duane being the top scorer.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I will go with Henry, then Duane, and then Luke. Henry will be a bit of a volume scorer, but I think that the offense will run through him and he gets a touch on most every possession.
    #BringShakaHome

Based upon typical forum philosophy, that the new guys will always be the difference, then it will have to be Haanif, as he's the only new guy left.

Based upon reality, it will be Duane, probably by 4 or more PPG. CBB is a guard's game.

VS

My pick is Duane, but I think it will be close. I see Duane and Henry as a dangerous inside out scoring duo. I think Duane will really fill it up this year, I'd say 17 ppg with Henry not far behind at 15 ppgminutes think Luke will be in the 11-12 range.

Like Brewcity77, I think it will be Duane just slightly above Henry.

In the early going against some of the lower RPI opponents I think Henry will have a field day so Henry may lead in scoring before Big East.
    Once Big East play begins there may be more talent with size that can try to defend Henry. Once Big East play begins I think Duane will be the leading scorer courtesy of the 3 ball.

Good question Phantom. I agree the 3 candidates are Luke, Henry and Duane. My gut says to go with Duane. Although I would not be surprised if all 3 average double digits and are very close to each other in PPG by the end of the year.

Duane for sure with plenty of room. I think Luke will certainly be up there and I am hopeful that his FT issues are in part due to the shoulder problem he had last season. Kind of underreported, but I believe he shot 75% from the line in those 4 games. SSS for sure, but encourgaing.

Like others I'm guessing 1 Duane 2 Henry 3 Luke

Think those 3 could all be pretty close......within 3 or 4 points

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast