Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Archie Miller re-ups with Dayton through 2022

True...they can at least count

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Well, the name is Big EAST......
    I think it's also a cultural thing as well with them, a continuity with the BE tradition, justifying, for example the moral claim on Madison Square Garden as our tournament home.

Neither do I see any sense at this time at expansion. Some member teams need to get a bit more settled. Besides DePaul, Creighton needs to show it can compete regularly with the best in the conference. St. John's and SH needs good coaches secured, recruiting regularly at a high level, etc. The new BE is still very young and still in short pants. Let's build on our beginnings and not be over hasty, biting off more than we can chew.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaJeb View Post
    I think it's also a cultural thing as well with them, a continuity with the BE tradition, justifying, for example the moral claim on Madison Square Garden as our tournament home.

Neither do I see any sense at this time at expansion. Some member teams need to get a bit more settled. Besides DePaul, Creighton needs to show it can compete regularly with the best in the conference. St. John's and SH needs good coaches secured, recruiting regularly at a high level, etc. The new BE is still very young and still in short pants. Let's build on our beginnings and not be over hasty, biting off more than we can chew.
    No, I think you are right about expansion. No need to do it now, and Ackerman has said in the past that the conference is happy where it is. There is no absolute need to expand. I think it will take until there are two candidates that everyone can agree on. I just do not see who the conference can get from the East. There are just not that many unattached eastern teams that jump out at you.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    No, I think you are right about expansion. No need to do it now, and Ackerman has said in the past that the conference is happy where it is. There is no absolute need to expand. I think it will take until there are two candidates that everyone can agree on. I just do not see who the conference can get from the East. There are just not that many unattached eastern teams that jump out at you.
    This is exactly why I don't see expansion coming soon. UConn is the only school everyone would agree on, but their football is a deal-breaker. How often did they try to leverage their way out of the old league? We don't need that again. Georgetown doesn't want VCU, Richmond I just don't think is at that level, and no one else is really compelling.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456