Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Lavin Coach St. John's Next Season?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    After Lavin took St. John's to the ncaa tourament, I expected Lavin to be back. Most likely a safe move.
    I think it's the opposite of a safe move. He's gone through one rebuild at St. John's and that class played in one NCAA Tournament game and lost. He hasn't won a postseason game at St John's in 5 years (except what, one NIT game and one BE Tourney game?). And they trust him for another rebuild. Cut the damn cord, I thought this was a proud program? Act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Why is it frustrating? Do you have a rooting interest in St. Johns?

They are giving an extension to a guy who got them back in the tournament.
    Yes I would like to see St. John's do well and make the conference even stronger. Isn't that obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Yes I would like to see St. John's do well and make the conference even stronger. Isn't that obvious?

St. Johns did well this year. And the conference is fine.

St. Johns did well this year. And the conference is fine.
    So if Marquette didn't have an NCAA Tournament win in 15 years you'd be in favor of giving the current coach an extension?

So if Marquette didn't have an NCAA Tournament win in 15 years you'd be in favor of giving the current coach an extension?

Probably not. But I'm not a St. Johns fan so I really don't give a rip what they do. I just cant be "frustrated" because a Big East team that made the tournament decided to give their coach an extension. (Which is ultimately meaningless anyway.)

Why do we have this desire to turn SJU into some sort of powerhouse?

Probably not. But I'm not a St. Johns fan so I really don't give a rip what they do. I just cant be "frustrated" because a Big East team that made the tournament decided to give their coach an extension. (Which is ultimately meaningless anyway.)

Why do we have this desire to turn SJU into some sort of powerhouse?
    Haha, I give up man. You're sure chiming in a lot on the DePaul search, why do you give a rip about that?

Haha, I give up man. You're sure chiming in a lot on the DePaul search, why do you give a rip about that?

Coaching searches are entertaining. I certainly won't be "frustrated" no matter who DePaul hires.

Well, I'm hearing not so fast on this extension thing.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Well, I'm hearing not so fast on this extension thing.
    I work with an SJU alum and hearing the same thing

I'm guessing they are offering an extension, but if he puts in any demands they will tell him to pack up.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast