Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Lavin Coach St. John's Next Season?

Will Lavin Coach St. John's Next Season?

Looks like Lavin may be on his way out according to this article on Zagsblog.

Now that would be an interesting opening.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/sources...t/#more-131668

Bobby Hurley might want to wait a day or two to sign that contract extension at Buffalo.

It would be hilarious if DePaul dragged their feet and St John's came in and stole Hurley.

I also would not be surprised if the SHU job opens up, though I haven't read anything indicating that. The program at SHU is a train wreck.

As for SJU, the immediate future looks relatively bleak. Green, Harrison, and Pointer all completing their eligibility, and a decent chance Obekpa leaves as well. Almost no depth this past season.

Did Hurley sign an extension just to give Buffalo more cash in a buyout scenario?

Hey Buffalo, thanks for the opportunity but I'm moving on. Bobby, before you go how about we give you and extension and double the buyout provision?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Did Hurley sign an extension just to give Buffalo more cash in a buyout scenario?

Hey Buffalo, thanks for the opportunity but I'm moving on. Bobby, before you go how about we give you and extension and double the buyout provision?
    Extension has been agreed to, but not signed. I think it is a sign that Hurley will strongly consider DePaul or St. John's offers, but will not go there if they low-ball him or will not properly support the program.
    #BringShakaHome

I think these schools should be looking at Danny Hurley before they look at Bobby Hurley. He is younger, has a lot more coaching experience and likely has better recruiting connections. He's also helped turn around two different programs already.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    I think these schools should be looking at Danny Hurley before they look at Bobby Hurley. He is younger, has a lot more coaching experience and likely has better recruiting connections. He's also helped turn around two different programs already.
    True, but I suspect Danny wants to stay closer to his roots. Bobby probably has a wider horizon given his days at Duke and the NBA...?

Danny has a decent gig right now in the A10, so it's not as much of a jump for him. If Danny is going to go to the Big East, I assume he'd prefer to wait for Seton Hall.

Mark Jackson
    March Madness starts in November

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast