Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Lavin Coach St. John's Next Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Sounds like Barnes seat is plenty hot at Texas.

Just curious, if Barnes does part ways with Texas, who would be a likely successor?

Putting the Buzz left us feelings aside, if you were Texas would you bring Buzz on board or go in a different direction?

No. Maybe two years ago, but I think Texas will shoot very high...probably not get their initial targets, but settle for a guy who is pretty straight-laced and comes with head coaching experience.

So for instance, they may shoot for a Sean Miller or John Belein, but end up with a Jay Wright or a Chris Mack.

Jay Wright? To Texas? Can't see it. Mack? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    No. Maybe two years ago, but I think Texas will shoot very high...probably not get their initial targets, but settle for a guy who is pretty straight-laced and comes with head coaching experience.

So for instance, they may shoot for a Sean Miller or John Belein, but end up with a Jay Wright or a Chris Mack.
    Jay Wright would be in column A of that scenario. Great overall resume despite the recent early tourney exits.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post

Sean Miller? No way he leaves Zona for that gig. Big step down. UA is hoops heaven. UT is all football.

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeejedi1 View Post
    Gregg Marshall
    I think that would be an interesting hire should the Texas job open. Marshall has been very successful at both of his stops, so no real reason to think he wouldn't do the same at Texas.

Don't be focused on football school versus basketball school. Texas has huge resources and can pay a head coach and assistants a lot of money. I agree I don't think Miller leaves Arizona but that doesn't mean Texas won't try.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Jay Wright would be in column A of that scenario. Great overall resume despite the recent early tourney exits.
    I wonder if Wright would leave. I imagine Nova would be willing to match most any offer and he's pretty much untouchable there. He's talked about the benefits of basketball only schools and how it's helped the league, would he want something like Texas where he'd always be second fiddle? He's also close to home, growing up not far from Philly. I could see him being a lifer there.

I can't see Wright leaving. Plus, it's hope as well.
    March Madness starts in November

Only college job I think he leaves for is Kentucky. Would not be stunned if he coaches the Sixers (or in the NBA one day), but do not think that he leaves Nova for a small step up.

Texas's first and last call should be Gregg Marshall. Already has recruited Texas at Wichita State, and it's the perfect program for him to thrive without insane expectations (don't think that he is wired properly to coach a blue-blood program).
    #BringShakaHome

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast