Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Round of 32-Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    There is bad refereeing all around. It is a chronic problem due to the nature of their employment.

But it hasn't adversely impacted the BE vis-a-vis any other conference.
    Um, what did I just say?

Smile

Where did I blame the officiating for anything? I was commenting on the generally awful officiating this year. It has been pathetic. Reading comprehension or trying to construe my remarks to fit a narrative?

Really, does this board have to blame the officiating for everything?
    Face it. The critics were right. The Big East was over seeded.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Um, what did I just say?

Ha. I was agreeing with you! Sorry for not making that more clear.

Dude, don't be a dick. If you want to parrot Chicos' "crapshoot narrative" as an excuse, go right ahead. I'm sure that will go over well.
    I'm not parroting a narrative from him or anybody. I could say that you are parroting a national media/the tournament is all that matters narrative.

I am only trying to place things in the proper perspective. In its second year the new Big East put six teams in the tournament. That's good. It will not advance as many teams to second weekend as we had hoped. That's bad. A 5-6 or so record is not horrible.

As the years go by, all the conferences have years where they perform well, or average, or bad in the tournament. Keep putting teams in the dance and our time will come. Hopefully with Marquette involved.

Seriously, don't accuse me of parroting Chicos again.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I'm not parroting a narrative from him or anybody. I could say that you are parroting a national media/the tournament is all that matters narrative.

I am only trying to place things in the proper perspective. In its second year the new Big East put six teams in the tournament. That's good. It will not advance as many teams to second weekend as we had hoped. That's bad. A 5-6 or so record is not horrible.

As the years go by, all the conferences have years where they perform well, or average, or bad in the tournament. Keep putting teams in the dance and our time will come. Hopefully with Marquette involved.

Seriously, don't accuse me of parroting Chicos again.

OK, that was clearly a low blow.

But for better or worse, this tournament is what counts when it comes to conference reputations. And for the second year in a row, the conference can't get its champions into the second weekend. For the second year in a row, assuming Butler loses tonight and Xavier next weekend, there will not be a single win where a BE team won as the lower seed.

That's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Big problem for BE is lack of height and leghth. Very obvious tonite.
    Bingo. It's a guard league...but it is hurt in the NCAA's on the frontline.

Butler back in it. Tied at 27. Maybe we can sneek 2 into the round of 16. Would that be acceptable, even if it wasn't our top 2?

Butler back in it. Tied at 27. Maybe we can sneek 2 into the round of 16. Would that be acceptable, even if it wasn't our top 2?

If Butler hangs on, I will admit that my rants were probably pre-mature.

I am just frustrated that Nova as a #1 seed gets bumped.

If Butler hangs on, I will admit that my rants were probably pre-mature.

I am just frustrated that Nova as a #1 seed gets bumped.
    I am too. Really awful performance from them.

It would help, but Nova really hurt the league reputation today. We needed someone to go on a deep run, and it seems unlikely that will be Xavier or Butler, especially considering who they'll have to go through to get there.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast