Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Round of 32-Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Just like last year. Perhaps the conference is overrated?
    I see that you enjoy Doug Gottlieb's newsletter.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    @SethDavisHoops: You'll never hear me use NCAA tourney results to say a conference was good or not. If you want those answers let's do best of 7 each round.

Pretty much everything Seth Davis says, I disagree with.

Look, this is exactly why I wasn't getting excited about a 4-0 Thursday. Second year in a row that the only BE wins are when they are the higher seed. During that time frame they have also lost four as the higher seed. (Unless Butler wins tonight.)

Not a coincidence.

Look, this is exactly why I wasn't getting excited about a 4-0 Thursday. Second year in a row that the only BE wins are when they are the higher seed. During that time frame they have also lost four as the higher seed. (Unless Butler wins tonight.)

Not a coincidence.
    Yeah, the idea that a one and done tournament produces upsets is so revolutionary. Go to bed, you are drunk.

Really, does this board have to blame the officiating for everything?

Face it. The critics were right. The Big East was over seeded.
    I'm not blaming the officials for game outcomes, but if you are not sitting around watching these games and saying to yourself, "My God, there are some unbelievably bad calls", you can't know a lick about basketball. Some of the worst officiating I have ever seen and the only thing keeping them from being a factor in the Big East games has been the ineptitude of our Big East teams. The way they have played, they don't deserve a call.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Yeah, the idea that a one and done tournament produces upsets is so revolutionary. Go to bed, you are drunk.

Dude, don't be a dick. If you want to parrot Chicos' "crapshoot narrative" as an excuse, go right ahead. I'm sure that will go over well.

Not a coincidence.
    Utah was a 4.5 point favorite. Was the Big 12 overrated with Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas losing. Maybe, maybe not. Is the Pac-12 now a great league.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    I'm not blaming the officials for game outcomes, but if you are not sitting around watching these games and saying to yourself, "My God, there are some unbelievably bad calls", you can't know a lick about basketball. Some of the worst officiating I have ever seen and the only thing keeping them from being a factor in the Big East games has been the ineptitude of our Big East teams. The way they have played, they don't deserve a call.

There is bad refereeing all around. It is a chronic problem due to the nature of their employment.

But it hasn't adversely impacted the BE vis-a-vis any other conference.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Utah was a 4.5 point favorite. Was the Big 12 overrated with Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas losing. Maybe, maybe not. Is the Pac-12 now a great league.

For the second year in a row, neither the BE regular season nor its tournament champion have made a S16.

That is a problem that I am not going to write off to the mere randomness of the NCAA tournament.

Big problem for BE is lack of height and leghth. Very obvious tonite.

We all agree it sucks, but the simple reality is March is where league perceptions are formed. Nova losing undid all the good will we earned in November and December. Until the league shows up in March, the P5 will forever see us as mid major.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast