Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Round of 32-Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    The regular season is a bigger deal in college football. You need to do that to get into the playoffs.

My point about the RPI is, who cares if a computer says your better. Results on the court are what matters. That's why the tournament is a bigger deal.
    Well you need data to select the 36 at-large, so you need a tool like the RPI.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Well you need data to select the 36 at-large, so you need a tool like the RPI.
    And it's kind of hard to have a high RPI without winning a lot of games on the court against good teams

So it looks like the Big 10 will have 2 sweet 16 teams.....same for the Big 12.....pac 12 with 3.....ACC with an impressive 5 if Louisville holds on

Really a shame as the Big East could have had 4. Thought Butler was going to pull that off in regulation. Nova with a complete failure and Georgetown just fell apart.

All 16 teams left are in the top 21 of the Sagarin ratings........http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2015/team/

NCST is 26th and UCLA is 33rd.

I'm curious. What is the list of impressive non conference wins the Big East had during the season. I am talking tournament teams. Going through quickly, I see Indiana, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and North Carolina. You could probably add VCU in there. SFA and Robert Morris were tournament teams. I wonder how that compares to other conferences. Was the Big East just beating up on bottom feeders of the Major conferences and that's why the non conference record vs major conferences looks good?

In hindsight, even Nova's NC wins (13-0) are not that notable: Lehigh, MD-Eastern Shore, Bucknell, VCU, Michigan, Delaware, LaSalle, St. Joe's, Illinois, Temple, Syracuse, NJIT, and Penn. Obviously slippage by Michigan and Cuse hurt, but...

St. John's and Nova beat Syracuse (ineligible for the tournament, likely would have been somewhere among the last four in the tourney or one the first four to eight teams out of the tourney). Villanova beat Illinois (NIT) and Michigan (likely just missed NIT, but this was before Caris LaVert and Derrick Walton were injured). Georgetown beat Florida (who was uncharacteristically down, but also terribly unlucky and still rated in the top 50 of the Pomeroys much of the year). DePaul beat Stanford (NIT).
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    NCST is 26th and UCLA is 33rd.
    Clearly I can't count......

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast