Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Round of 32-Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    This isn't college football. Forget about the RPI and all the computer crap. I.
    College football doesn't have the BCS anymore.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Still have some BS however in its selection process

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    So I take it that November-February does not matter? The most popular sports league in the world (English Premier League) crowns a champion without playoffs.
    It does, and I'm a fan of how it's handled over there, but American audiences are different and judge by the finish, not the start. I do think there's definitely some fool's gold with how much we value playoffs, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    So I take it that November-February does not matter? The most popular sports league in the world (English Premier League) crowns a champion without playoffs.

That's not here though where playoffs are what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    It does, and I'm a fan of how it's handled over there, but American audiences are different and judge by the finish, not the start. I do think there's definitely some fool's gold with how much we value playoffs, but it is what it is.
    Really I think you are overdoing this and going too far worrying about the common person/ESPN perception of our league. As long as we keep recruiting well the league will be fine. A potential recruit is not going to be persuaded but what media hacks say. The decision is much more nuanced and personal. And I don't think recruits listen to sports talk radio.

This is college basketball not soccer. It matters to the kids. The journey is really what matters for them. But for the fans, you talked to the average fan and they will tell you who did well in the march. Let's go back to that thread that talked about the losses that still haunt them. How many people talked about the tournament and how many people talked about the regular season?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    The regular season is a bigger deal in college football. You need to do that to get into the playoffs.

My point about the RPI is, who cares if a computer says your better. Results on the court are what matters. That's why the tournament is a bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Still have some BS however in its selection process
    It wasn't computers.
    March Madness starts in November

If Bucky plays like they did tonight UNC will blow them out of the gym.

I think sports nerds(like us) spend way too much time worrying about our conference is better then your conference.....2 weeks from now nobody will care. Gonzaga and Wichita State aren't worried about conference strength....just play good basketball and win a bunch of games and things will work out fine.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast