Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Crean - you stay classy

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    This year...I witnessed an official tell our bench to "sit the f*ck down when they were mad about a call...
    I just find it strange that officials can use language that get players and coaches teed up.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Officiating in the tournament has been at best bad. All these guys think the game revolves around them instead of simply managing it. Ed Cooley got a technical last night for slamming a chair while IN his huddle during a timeout. Too many times are you seeing them anticipate a call and/or making it from far out of position. Unfortunately outside of Gottlieb, no one on the broadcast has the guts to criticize.

The Cooley thing was beyond ridiculous. Also, if your opponent is attempting a last secondl shot, or at least in the last 9 seconds, go ahead and take him out, they won't blow the whistle at that point in the game.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Mrs. Gato made an observation: the former coaches won't criticize officials but former players will take a shot. Gotlieb has been really good in this regard. Reggie Miller too. Officiating has been worse than regular season which is really bad. I agree they think they are the show: see, Ed Corbett. I think they are very inconsistent in the level of contact they will allow, and have been all year. Since it is interpretive officiating, they are open to criticism. But, there have been a lot of outright blown calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dan's Camera View Post
    Officiating in the tournament has been at best bad. All these guys think the game revolves around them instead of simply managing it. Ed Cooley got a technical last night for slamming a chair while IN his huddle during a timeout. Too many times are you seeing them anticipate a call and/or making it from far out of position. Unfortunately outside of Gottlieb, no one on the broadcast has the guts to criticize.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12