Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament Conference Records

NCAA Tournament Conference Records

No matter how many games the Big East wins, they will automatically end up X Wins and 6 losses someone wins it all. The loss column always looks bad, but that also says how many teams you have in.

Well, St. John's & Providence haven't even taken the floor yet and the Big East is already at 10 tourney credits. Yep - that is about $2.5 million, not a bad start.

As it stands as after Day 1....

Conference
    First 4 Day 1 Day 2 Overall
    Big East 4-0 4-0
    ACC 3-0 3-0
    Pac 12 3-0 3-0
    C-USA 1-0 1-0
    Northeast 1-0 1-0
    Sun Belt 1-0 1-0
    SEC 1-0 2-2 3-2
    AAC 1-1 1-1
    A 10 1-0 0-1 1-1
    Big 10 1-1 1-1
    MEAC 1-0 0-1 1-1
    Atlantic Sun 0-1 0-1
    Big Sky 0-1 0-1
    Colonial 0-1 0-1
    Ivy 0-1 0-1
    MAAC 0-1 0-1
    Mtn West 0-1 0-1
    Patriot 0-1 0-1
    Southland 0-1 0-1
    Southern 0-1 0-1
    SWAC 0-1 0-1
    West Coast 0-1 0-1
    Big XII 0-3 0-3
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Does winning the play-in games count for extra units?

I believe so. It is based on the number of games you appear in, and the play in games are still NCAA games.

Yes - each game played = 1 credit, includes play in games.

"First "Four" not play in games. If the field is a 68 team field, how is it a play in game. This isn't the Rockies vs Padres to see who will get the final wild card birth. It's another lazy national media saying that doesn't cover basketball untill March.

You win in the First Four, it goes in the record books as a ncaa tourament win and 1.5 million.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-20-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    "First "Four" not play in games.
    Aren't they still considered 'round 1' games?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Aren't they still considered 'round 1' games?
    I think next year the 2nd round (round of 64) will go back to being called the 1st round.

The first four was called opening round, but now the ncaa calls it "First Four"

To me they are play in games. I have been to the NCAA tournament in several different cities. (Milwaukee several times, Chicago Rosemont, Chicago United Center, Indianapolis twice, Minneapolis, Louisville, San Diego, Phoenix, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Memphis, New Orleans) It is amazing, it is electric. You walk in and the lights seem brighter, the courts are new, the colors are bright and vivid - it is amazing. Everyone is there to see the action. Various team's fans as well as general fans rally for the underdog. Look at last night when Georgia State hit the shot - the sections behind the hoop were going nuts - and those weren't Georgia State fans, those were Kentucky fans. It is an amazing experience to be at the games whether your team is playing or not. Souvenirs all have 8 teams listed on them. If you are Hampton - your name is on the shirts and cups right next to Kentucky, Maryland, Purdue, Cincinnati, West Virginia - you have hit the big time and you know it. I remember Belmont coming out of the tunnel right next to me in San Diego one year. Those guys were looking around the place in complete awe of their surroundings. It all starts on Thursday with 16 games, then Friday with 16 games. Its awesome.

Can any of the same be said about Dayton with the exception of the new court? No, so its a play in game.
    Last edited by IWB; 03-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.

I agree Dayton sucks and it's not the same. It's a joke 11 or 12 seeds need 7 wins to win a national title when a 13 seeds only needs 6. I hated for Marquette when they played BYU, that Marquette lost two days in scouting their opponents because they didn't know who it would be. I wish it would just go back to 64 teams, but it's not a play in when it's a 68 team field and those are the schools. The term is a slap in the face.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-20-2015 at 12:22 PM.

I agree, that is why it should be the last four in and the last four out. Make them play their way in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast