Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Depaul looking for a new coach

How about Ben Jacobson at Northern Iowa? Cedar Rapids isn't far to go to move to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaJeb View Post
    How about Ben Jacobson at Northern Iowa? Cedar Rapids isn't far to go to move to Chicago.
    Recruiting is the question.......

Reggie Theus is the guy to hire. DePaul needs a guy to grab the Public League kids, not a guy who is going to try and recruit suburban kids to a commuter college.

DePaul trying to cater to the Chicago Public League is a losing proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    Reggie Theus is the guy to hire. DePaul needs a guy to grab the Public League kids, not a guy who is going to try and recruit suburban kids to a commuter college.

Reggie Theus went 9-24 at Cal St Northridge this year.

I think the whole "connection to the Public League" thing is overrated. DePaul just needs to hire a good coach. Sure it is important that whomever it is develops good relationships with Public League coaches, as well as coaches from throughout the region.

Don't get me wrong. They need to recruit better talent, so a young guy with some energy is very important. But there are a lot of ways to build a good program there.

The head coach doesn't need to have the CPL blessing, but having at least one assistant with strong CPL ties wouldn't hurt.

It's time for the George Costanza strategy......." If every instinct you have is wrong then the opposite must be right"

They should know by now what not to do......

As someone who knows a little

As someone who knows the AD the one thing I can guarantee is that Tom Crean will not be hired by this administration.

Perry Clark is available.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOMalley82 View Post
    As someone who knows the AD the one thing I can guarantee is that Tom Crean will not be hired by this administration.
    All the more reason JLP should be tendering her resignation tomorrow.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast