Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Depaul looking for a new coach

Would the coach from Northern Iowa consider DePaul??

Almost everyone would consider DePaul. The question is pay and security.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Almost everyone would consider DePaul. The question is pay and security.
    The question is the commitment the university will give the team.

Thats what I was saying.

If they want to go the assistant route, Tavares Hardy from Georgetown makes a lot of sense. Previously an assistant at Northwestern, recruited Paul White and L.J. Peak (who spent time in high school in Chicago) to Georgetown. Also, he is hard after 2016 Chicago area big Barrett Benson.

Edit: Would not be stunned if our old friend Tom Crean is also in the picture. I believe that he is wisely thinking about an escape route out of Bloomington.
    #BringShakaHome

I would want someone who plays an uptempo exciting style that attracts recruits. Someone who is willing to sell the program to the students too.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post

Edit: Would not be stunned if our old friend Tom Crean is also in the picture. I believe that he is wisely thinking about an escape route out of Bloomington.
    Crean is going to the Sweet 16 and all the critics will eat crow.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    This is not surprising and is an opportunity for DePaul and the Big East. I wish Collins would come over from Northwestern.
    0 Chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    If they want to go the assistant route, Tavares Hardy from Georgetown makes a lot of sense. Previously an assistant at Northwestern, recruited Paul White and L.J. Peak (who spent time in high school in Chicago) to Georgetown. Also, he is hard after 2016 Chicago area big Barrett Benson.

I'm willing to bet that Monday or Tuesday will involve negotiations between Crean and the IU admin about agreeing to a buyout and a face saving "resignation" for the tan man. Leaks wednesday and done on Thursday.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast